[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My father (60) just had his second heart attack. Lifelong smoker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3501.jpg (134KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3501.jpg
134KB, 2560x1440px
My father (60) just had his second heart attack. Lifelong smoker (quit now), Italian-born and ate like they do. Just prescribed a half dozen medications to lower his cholesterol and shit.

What food should he be eating so he can live long enough to hold his grandchildren?
>>
>>8932044
Shit, my mom's going blind and I think she is going to lose her sight before I have my first kid, hit me in the feels. More veg and anything with fiber.
>>
>>8932049
:(
better pop one out soon
>>
any food that grants eternal life, cause don't kid yourself. that kid isn't gonna come for a long time
>>
>>8932044
Hes 60 and you dont have kids? You must be 30 at least?
>>
Dude start with brown rice and salsa. Iceberg lettuce and spinach. Feeling lucky? Try mint tea, and flax grounds. Key word "grains and beans" of any kind. Best of luck in your fathers prosperity. God bless ya
>>
Let him die how he wants.
>>
>>8932044
>lots of fiberous fruits and veg
>very lean meats, like turkey breast, fish, chicken breast, grass fed LEAN beef like flank steak
>whole grains like oatmeal, brown rice, wild rice
>fiber pills
>NEVER skip his medications
>he should go for brisk walks every day, but nothing too strenuous.
>ONE glass of red wine a night (this is frequently touted by heart doctors. When my dad had his heart attack, his doctor recommended he do that. He has one standard glass of red wine per night, after dinner.)
>>
>>8932303
My half sister is 38 with two kids. I'm 22 with none. Sorry for not explaining that.
>>
>>8932315
Thanks

>>8932330
I dont want him to die
>>
>>8932044
>>What food should he be eating so he can live long enough to hold his grandchildren?

Immortality pills, because he's going to be waiting a long time.
>>
>>8932336
What does red wine have thet you cant get elsewhere? I ask because i really dont have the self control to drink just 1 glass of wine but would like to start eating heart healthy
>>
>>8932437
It has reservatrol and flavanoids, which are heart healthy. Both of those can also be found in 100% grape juice, BUT, the extra benefit from a glass of red wine is that it also relaxes your blood vessels and raises your level of HDL cholesterol (the GOOD cholesterol), both of which help prevent the formation of blood clots.
>>
>>8932448
Oh, and I forgot to say that it has to be 100% Concord grape juice, not just any grape juice. But a glass of red wine is still healthier for the other reasons I listed.
>>
>>8932448
I see ty, so to follow up, if you drink a whole bottle instead of 1 glass, would you lose those benefits ?
>>
>>8932454
Well, you'd get some benefits, but it would be outweighed by inflammation all throughout your body caused by drinking that much alcohol.
>>
>>8932044
Let him eat what he wants or what he thinks makes him stronger. Works like a miracle!

If not, veggies, fish, and chicken is the way to go.

>Elders here eat random stuffs: betel nuts, sea urchin roe, bittergourds, radish salad, seaweed, and the works
>Live long enough till 80+
>>
>>8932456
Cool thanks
>>
>>8932044
A vegan diet can reverse heart disease.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3662288/

Don't mistake it for vegetarian, because eggs have a shitload of cholesterol, and so does milk.

It also has a lot of other health benefits, so it's win-win. Also, he should probably limit oils and sugar as well.

Glad he's still alive, and good luck!
>>
>>8932044
Based on what you've given me, the best thing to pursue would be conception at the earliest date. His clock's ticking two seconds at a time now man, start paying attention to your's.
>>
>>8932044
hey this image is my desktop background
>>
File: Marie's Tomato.png (947KB, 1048x713px) Image search: [Google]
Marie's Tomato.png
947KB, 1048x713px
>>8932044
Is this your mom?
>>
>>8932216
Probably two years, getting married in the fall, but she needs to finish her doctorate.
>>
>>8932044
There isn't a food that makes people live forever.
>>
>>8932044
I'd start with steel cut oatmeal and Kyolic (dried garlic pills.) Both are scientifically proven to lower cholesterol and blood pressure. Then only fish or chicken for meat, and get used to lots of fresh fruits and veggies. A radical diet change is the only thing that will keep him alive. If he has a good diet, he will be able to take less, or completely eliminate, some of the pills he has to take. Loosing weight is also a necessity, but that will come with the improved diet.
>>
>>8932448
All that revesterol science us literally a scam. It was all faked.
>>
>>8932390

Thing is you can't prevent other attacks. My dad has the same problem, but you can tell them to do shit like be healthy but they will always do whatever the fuck they want.

After my dad's heart attack he was told to stop drinking alcohol which he has been doing for as long as I remember. Though he drinks less (used to be a bottle of wine on a saturday followed by liter cans of beer every day, my mom would have to buy a crate every weekend) he simply ignored the doctor's advice and still drinks about a can every day like he used to.

He gets check ups every week and sometimes they up his meds too much and he feels bad for days. Some days they don't work properly and they have to zap his heart back into working order. His condition is not bad enough to have a pacemaker.

You can wish your dad to live long but most of the times they get back to their old ways anyway cause they want to drink wine and eat fatty foods like everyone else. Be glad he's not paralyzed man.
>>
>>8934154
How old is he?
>>
>>8934129
No, it wasn't. You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>8932381
>half sister
C U C K
>>
>>8934547
From his first marriage.
Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>8932044
tell him to not eat sugar or sugary foods
>>
>>8924791
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.