[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

have you ever had an oil pizza? basically what it is is a standard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: oil.jpg (123KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
oil.jpg
123KB, 640x480px
have you ever had an oil pizza? basically what it is is a standard cheese pizza but with olive oil instead of sauce. it's somewhat of a specialty of the pizza shops in my city.
>>
>>8931364

It doesn't look terrible, but it does look like a shittier version of pizza.
>>
>>8931364
Sounds terrible
>>
Sounds like cheesey bread sticks
>>
do americans really eat this?
>>
>>8931364
What city is this?

I'd like to know so I never accidentally go there.
>>
>>8931400
>do americans really eat this?
pizza is italian
>>
>>8931412
Italian is american
>>
>>8931412
>pizza is italian
Do Americans really Italian this?
>>
>>8931364
Here (Nova Scotia) we have garlic fingers which has garlic butter instead of pizza sauce, and its cut into fingers instead of triangles. Also optionally topped with bacon.
>>
>>8931400
Drowning anything edible in olive oil is a mediterranian thing, and its fucking terrible
>>
>>8931364
It's alright, but I prefer pizza with sauce.
>>
>>8932096
So, tomato casserole, then?
>>
isn't this just a garlic pizza
>>
nigga that's garlic bread
>>
Sounds like a western NY thing. Olive oil, garlic butter, garlic and red pepper flakes, then cheese and toppings.
>>
>>8932855
As opposed to oily flatbread?
>>
>>8931364
looks perfect for my acid reflux. cant eat tomatoes anyway
>>
Yeah, lots of local places have that, although they call it white pizza because just saying the words oil pizza makes you retch a little.
>>
>>8932871
yeah tastes like basically a cheesy garlic bread in pizza form, available at a fair few pizzerias and italian places
>>
>>8931793
Ur a culinary pleb and I pity you.
>>
>>8931364
My local pizza place didn't make white pizzas until I ordered it and it's become one of the top selling items.

Now when I order the owner gives me a free small white pizza or 50% off a large with free toppings.
>>
>>8933255
T. Mediterranian defense force
>>
I went to a pizza place in Canada that make thin pizzas with a thick roux made of mushroom, canola oil, spices, and potato starch, instead of the typical tomato sauce.
>>
Yeah, the pizza store I run has a "bianco" sauce. Its just olive oil, parsley, oregano, basil, and minced garlic mixed together.
>>
>>8931364
No, and I don't understand anyone who claims oil is a great substitute for actual sauce.

"Oil gives it the flavor"
No it fucking doesn't you greasy subhuman. Oil is a means to evenly cook the actual ingredients that give your dish flavor. Adding a shitload of olive oil to everything does nothing besides make the dish unappetizing and clog your pores.
>>
The authentic way to do it is to use ranch sauce instead of oil
>>
>>8931364
Yeah, it's pretty popular where I live too. Except they don't just do with plain cheese pizza, but with other toppings as well. It's good, we've ordered olive oil base instead of sauce before many times, and it's nice, you can really taste the cheese and toppings. It's especially nice on a Margarhita pizza, or with cheese, mushrooms, and spinach.
>>
>>8934527
Why would you think they add "a shit load" of olive oil? They brush it on, they don't fucking pour it. You're fucking pleb trash.
(Also, eating olive oil doesn't clog your pores, dumbass)
>>
>>8934576
Wipe the grease off your keyboard, then shut the fuck up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seBh3gQt868
This is an example of idiotic use of oil. You have vegetable stock, fresh veg, and broth. Literally everything you need is already in the pot.
But lo and behold you're Italian. You need 40x the daily intake of oil or else you dry up in the sun so what do you do? You drown the soup in a disgusting amount of olive oil.

Need I remind you of a certain Italian granny and her specialty pasta? While that entire video is vomit inducing, the saddest fact is that most Italians would agree with her that oil gives the pasta flavor (it fucking doesn't).
>>
>>8931364
There is (or more likely "was") a pizza place in my hometown that did a five-cheese pizza with garlic infused olive oil instead of tomato sauce. It was very good.
>>
>>8936413
-Marco is French, not Italian
-that's an appropriate amount of oil considering the amount of vegetables he's trying to fry
I kinda get the feeling you don't cook much
>>
The balance of flavors in a red pizza with bread, tomato and oil is better than this. If you want a cheese pizza without the tomato then you have to include a cheese that is tart for it to work. Mozz and oil will be too one note.
>>
>>8936456
He's English with a French name and an Italian mother. Probably has some French influence from his father's side but I wouldn't consider him French. I know he doesn't.
>>
>>8931570
You mean bread sticks?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.