[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>that one food item you cant eat. For me it's pic related.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

>that one food item you cant eat.

For me it's pic related. I dig it as sauce or on a burger, but I cant for the life of me eat a raw tomato. I just can't. It's not even like a mental thing, my body just says no.
>>
File: 157502-131-7C5D3A67.jpg (87KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
157502-131-7C5D3A67.jpg
87KB, 900x675px
>>
I used to be that way until i was 7
>>
>>8927389
i had a boss unironically tell me he never developed a taste for water
>>
Marmite
It's pure concentrated nastiness
>>
>>8927380
Fish sauce.
Anchovies.

Used to be plenty of others.
But I've overcome them through an open.mind and willingness to try them again and again over time in different ways.
>>
File: IMG_201705132_073615.jpg (610KB, 745x884px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_201705132_073615.jpg
610KB, 745x884px
>>8927380
I grow tomatoes in trashcans so you can enjoy them too.
>>
>>8927380
I can't handle the sauce as well as raw. It has to be hidden or well cooked such that the nasty tang is taken away. So pizza and ragu are fine, but otherwise can't handle them.
>>
I vomit violently when I eat certain types of nut (walnut, pecan, brazil) but I can eat cashews and peanuts without any problems.
>>
>>8927380

Raw onions.

I love the taste on onions, I love the smell of onions. I can and will eat just a big fuckin' bowl of caramelized onions with a spoon. But I bite into one tiny goddamn sliver of raw onion and my gag reflex immediately kicks in. No fucking idea why.
>>
>>8928191
Good, because cashews are the best nut
>>
>>8927380
I don't think there's anything I couldn't at least force myself to eat one bite. But sauteed squid was pretty rough, that fucking texture and the fishiness get to me
>>
>>8927380
strange, my mom is the same

but I routinely eat it raw (when I'm not cooking with tomato, which is often)

a nice fruit without the tartness/heavy sweetness
>>
I can't eat Jello. I like the taste of it but the texture just makes me think I'm eating something gross.
>>
File: 06.jpg (17KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
17KB, 400x300px
I'm the exact same OP, can't get past the taste or texture of raw tomatoes but love them cooked. Going on 30 years now, fuck me.
>>
Pickles. I used to not like tomatoes, but I love them now.
I will NEVER like Pickles though. I can only mildly stand fried Pickles though.
I enjoy literally every other fruit and vegetable.
>>
>>8928222
I think you misspelled macadamian nuts anon
>>
Mushrooms. I've had them all different ways and they are always off putting to me. It sucks cuz I know I'm missing out by omitting them in my diet, but I'll take it over gagging and being queasy for hours at a time.
>>
>>8927380
>my body just says no
>I dig it as sauce or on a burger
>It's not even like a mental thing
So it's totally a mental thing but you're just in denial about your picky whininess.
>>
I can't stand the smell of shrimp and crabs and always vomit when I eat them
>>
I have a hard time enjoying bananas.

The mushy texture makes me gag. The flavor of real bananas ain't too bad, but artificial banana flavor is pure ass.
>>
I'm not even going to read this thread before agreeing 100% OP

I fucking hate Tomato in its pure form.

I like tomato soup, i love salsa, I drink bloody marys, i'll use tomato paste based sauces, all fine and dandy for me.

But a slice of tomato on a sandwich, pico de gallo, diced tomato on a salad... FUCKING NOPE!

I've tried, but my body just rejects it from the jump. Like mid-chew, I gag. I think it may be a resonant from the time my asshole father forced me to eat a burrito when i was about 7 years old that had tomatoes in it because "that's what was cooked and that's what you'll have". I would have preferred to go to bed hungry but the fucker made me eat it. I had to gag that shit down with water like Kobayashi with hot dogs. No wonder I haven't spoken to that fucker in years.

However, on a recent trip to North Carolina i did eat and enjoy some fried green tomatoes and theres a local spot where I live that has a nice heirloom tomato salad with a delicious vanilla vinaigrette that I will share with my lady, however some bites are just way too mushy and bring up decades old body reflexes.

I've been told "ohhh your tastes change as you get older" and sure they have, but FUCK TOMATO in it's raw state.

Also, tomato is a junk topping on burgers, it fucking slides around and ruins the structual integrity of the entire thing.
>>
Goat cheese desu, absolutely repulsive
>>
shit nigger tomatoes in my country are so fucking juicy oh my god. better than apples desu senpai.
>>
Cherries in anything, fresh or otherwise because of pic related. I can taste it just with my imagination and the smell gives me a headache.
>>
>>8927389
Nice to know someone else can't eat glass.
>>
>>8928419
Shrimp look absolutely fucking disgusting.
>>
>>8927380

>It's not even like a mental thing, my body just says no

That's literally what every picky eater says.
>>
>>8927389
Call me autistic all you like, but I actually can't drink water, it leaves such a terrible taste in my mouth
>>
>>8928596
Cherry medicine flavoring is a crime and I have no idea why it continues to be so prevalent. Most imitation fruit flavoring tastes nothing like the original, but nothing misses the mark as hard as that stuff.
>>
The yellow rice is the reason nobody likes eating at your house
Do something about this piss-flavored rice
Tell the cashier you want to stop feeding your guests like an asshole
Watch her throw that bag of yellow rice in the trash you numb skull
>>
>>8928914

Cherry medicine flavor was always terrible, but when I was young artificial banana flavor (tastes nothing like banana) was one of my favorites (think that candy that came in the machines where you put in a quarter and turn a knob, and each flavor was shaped like it's fruit).

I don't know what the basic robotussin flavor is, but after doing a shit ton of it (and store brand versions of it) back in highschool, my liver/kidnes/whatever finally said fuck it and starting telling the rest of my body to start retching if I even catch a whiff of the stuff. It's a shame, because robotripping used to be my absolute favorite; now it's ruined because I've felt nauseated the last half dozen times I tried.
>>
>>8928913
get a filter or reverse osmosis machine
probably just your area
>>
>>8928913
Drink spring water or water from a glacier i can't drink tap water or that osmosis shit
>>
>>8927389
Do you know how many chemicals are clear liquids you dense motherfucker. Don't drink acetone! ....
>>
>>8927380
eggs and spam, can't stand the smell of either

>tfw growing up in a flip household
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.