[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /ck/ whats the best sauce to put on steak? it tastes like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: steak.jpg (437KB, 1515x1201px) Image search: [Google]
steak.jpg
437KB, 1515x1201px
hey /ck/
whats the best sauce to put on steak? it tastes like shit without sauce.
>>
>>8927148
I think there's something wrong with your plant. Did you use potting soil?
>>
Puree another steak, and smother your steak with it
Vwalla
>>
>>8927153
>not having sex with him after he beats the fuck outa you

Pleb
>>
>>8927148
>it tastes like shit without sauce
no it doesn't
>>
File: 1489867163773.jpg (10KB, 227x285px) Image search: [Google]
1489867163773.jpg
10KB, 227x285px
>>8927148
>>
>>8927196
yes it does, did you ever try steak without sauce? i thought this was a cooking thread, but it looks like noone knows shit about food on here
>>
File: audry03.gif (600KB, 160x150px) Image search: [Google]
audry03.gif
600KB, 160x150px
>>8927201
>marinated steak doesn't exist
>seasoned steak doesn't exist
>steak rubs don't exist

You sound like a 12 year old.
>>
>>8927201
Yikes!
>>
>>8927211
i sound like a 12 year old? gtfo m8
you act like an 8 year old if youre throwing around words like "steak rubs" as if youve heard them yesterday from mommy

honestly, i was just asking for a good sauce and you insult me with stuff like this, what the hell is this board?
>>
>>8927148
bernaise
>>
File: audrey_hepburn_biography_4a.jpg (41KB, 1024x735px) Image search: [Google]
audrey_hepburn_biography_4a.jpg
41KB, 1024x735px
>>8927221
It's the board where real cooks point out fuckbois like you that probably couldn't even make a roux.

Welcome to /ck/.
>>
>>8927221
Just do a garlic butter
>>
File: what.jpg (38KB, 720x564px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
38KB, 720x564px
>>8927153
First of all: What the fuck, and how is that related to OP's post.

Second of all: tell the guy to fuck off, if it's not night time you can play whatever you want.
If he tries anything pull out a gun. If you don't have a gun, buy one.
>>
>>8927153
Mmmm tasty
>>
>>8927153
>giving a shit about some crackhead neighbor
Lemme guess, you're a woman?
>>
>>8927153
>playing fucking Strauss

LMAO

I'll bet you feel like that makes you look highbrow. What's your next step, fucking Puccini? Learn to Wagner, Verdi or just fuck right off!
>>
File: kek.jpg (5KB, 261x211px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
5KB, 261x211px
>>8927231
>It's the board where real cooks point out fuckbois like you
>real cooks
>on /ck/
>>
>>8927278

I just like Don Quixote.
>>
>>8927221
Obviously you're new to cooking, but putting anything heavy and flavorful on a steak is taboo. You pay the big money for the tender and flavorful steaks, you shouldn't be hiding the flavors, but enhancing them.
People tend to like wine reductions made with the fond of the steak. If you're grilling, just make a compound butter to put on top.
>>
>>8927148
The steak juice.
>>
>>8927148
>it tastes like shit without sauce.

So stop wasting money on steaks and eat something you enjoy the taste of
>>
>>8927221
I might be because I just listened to the disaster artist audi9 book, but I heard this post in Tommy wiseues voice.

Are the auteur director of the room, sir?
>>
After you cook the steak you pour wine in the pan while the steak is resting and reduce it then turn off the heat and whisk in cold butter

If you don't know this already then I question your ability to tie your shoes or wipe your ass
>>
File: IMG_2273.jpg (186KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2273.jpg
186KB, 1300x866px
You're the equivalent of someone who goes out and buys a bottle of $40 red wine and then goes home and mixes it with cola because you don't like the taste of wine.

You're a fraud.
>>
>>8927148
>It tastes like shit
Then don't eat it?
>>
demi glace on a nice prime fillet is heavenly
>>
>>8929305
What if he's buying discount sirloin from Walmart faggot?
>>
>>8927148
MAYONEZEECK
>>
File: steak.jpg (270KB, 1632x918px) Image search: [Google]
steak.jpg
270KB, 1632x918px
Just picked these up yesterday and plan on cooking them up tomorrow, should I marinade them or would that be blasphemy?
>>
>>8929771
I wouldn't personally use a marinade
Just the usual butter garlic rosemary and thyme my man. Maybe some fresh horseradish grated on
>>
>>8929778
Is that something I put on then cook, or put on after?
>>
>>8929795
cook with butter and herbs
I like a nice pat of fresh homemade butter seasoned with various shit (usually horseradish) on top of the steak and a bit of crushed sea salt
>>
>>8927148
Try green pepper sauce
>>
>>8929795
Pan fry, little oil, let it get real nice and hot, throw in
steak herbs and pad of butter (you can skip the oil and go full butter too if you want) herbs (literally whatever ones you want, anon's suggestions are pretty good rosemary especially) get a spoon and move herby butter to top of steak, flip after a time dependent on your desired doneness/thickness, repeat. If the steak is properly thick (not yours) finish in oven.
>>
>>8927148
First, learn to cook steak.
Second, don't cook it since you would rather drink A1.
>>
>>8929771
Unless you've had Wagyu beef before, I wouldn't do anything other basic seasoning and maybe bearnaise on the side, then let the flavour of the meat shine. After that you can decide if a marinade of some description would be a bonus.
>>
blue cheese crust can be nice
>>
>>8927148
If you absolutely have to have a sauce (which is only okay if the steak is shit to begin with), you can't go wrong with a balsamic vinaigrette.
>>
I've actually made it 25 years without putting any sauce on my steak.
It's almost always been salt& pepper or Montreal steak seasoning.
Then I watched Steak Evolution and realized I was eating bitch sized steaks.
I want a steak the size of a midget.
>>
>>8927278
kys

puccini is easily way better than verdi
>>
>>8929874
This
>>
>put butter in pan
>apply heat
>throw in minced garlic, shallots and mushrooms
>saute
>add in red wine and sprig of thyme
>reduce
>remove sprig of thyme
>remove from heat
>Optional: add in more butter and let the residual heat melt it for a glossy shine
>pour onto steak
>>
Cream butter with black garlic, little bit of salt and pepper, fresh chives and thyme, roll in plastic wrap, refrigerate overnight, and cut a chunk to melt over the hot steak. It'll change your life.
>>
>>8927148
bbq sauce
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.