[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://food52.com/blog/15716-the-k itchen-habit-chefs-can-t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Blue-Tape1.jpg (320KB, 540x622px) Image search: [Google]
Blue-Tape1.jpg
320KB, 540x622px
https://food52.com/blog/15716-the-kitchen-habit-chefs-can-t-stand

>Kitchen tape labels has to be a certain color and width, and placed and an exact height from the container edges
>Chefs will fire you if you make labels by tearing tape instead of using scissors

Is this true? Do you have tape rules in your kitchen?
>>
that sounds fucking dumb.
Also in most kitchens you wouldnt use scissors, you use the tip or back of your knife
>>
We write directly on the containers. Why waste money and time on tape.
>>
Some chefs really care, some are okay with it as long as it is clear, legible, and in the correct area, others don't give a shit and they are failures.

We have blank label rolls, use first, and day produced stickers where I work

>feels good to be in a place with high revenue

>>8924008
You fucking animal
>>
>>8924024
That's how I was taught in school as well. The chef was Aussie, and we're in Canada, maybe that's why?
>>
There's nothing wrong with standardizing something or making decisions on quantifiable properties like not using masking tape because it leaves residue.

There's plenty wrong with hiring and firing people because of failure to adhere to the ignorant pseudopsychological ideas of their idiot bosses.

Seriously, "attention to tape shows attention to detail", what a load of shit.
This is the kind of garbage the army figured out was bunk in the fucking 60's.
>>
>>8923973
the kitchen at my work are fucking slobs and everything is mislabeled or not labeled at all
>>
>>8924059
>This is the kind of garbage the army figured out was bunk in the fucking 60's.
The autists running the culinary industry now were the ones dodging the draft and dropping acid back when the army learned those lessons.
>>
>>8923973
>do massive amounts of cocaine and drink like a fish
>throw an autistic fit over tape
This is why the food industry needs to die so it can be reborn. It's pure fucking cancer.
>>
In defense of chefs, if you have a REALLY high stress job like working in a busy kitchen and you have to delegate work to people, if ONE thing is not right or missing it fucks with your rhythm and by extension your mood in a big way. If it takes even one second longer to read something, I could understand these chefs getting irritated.
>>
>>8924477
Oh yeah? Well little girls aren't allowed in the kitchen. If you're gonna act like a faggot, the parking lot is full of 'em.
>>
File: ! Tape-Dispenser.jpg (269KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
! Tape-Dispenser.jpg
269KB, 1300x1300px
>>8925452
Also: If you wanna be a little bitch about HOW tape is serrated, then get one of these or SHUT the FUCK UP
>>
This is an idiotic article, about autistic people, written by a moron. I've worked in so many fucking kitchens, and the only thing that matter is that you buy a tape that sticks, and your write the fucking date on it. Anything else is critical levels of retardation, and a chef that spends any time focused on something like that is a fuckin idiot.
>>
Also: Attention to detail is still used in the Army, but Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is immediately spotted and those persons are Removed.
How tape is cut is IRRELEVANT. If you are the head Chef and have issues with this, you are WAY overdue for some time off.
Overworked Chefs and line cooks should be its' own thread, because most of the ones I know only get ONE day off. Six on/One off is a suicide mission. Hire some more people and let your staff have a life. God knows the pay isn't good enough to justify being worked to death.
>>
>>8925468
>all this random and retarded capitalization
Are you black? I've recently learned that may be a black thing.
>>
>>8925480
I can see that it got your attention. That's exactly what I intended it to do. Not only has my point been made, it pissed you off in the process. Good! Feel the hate Flow Through You!
>>
>>8925484
>I was only pretending to be retarded
It wasn't just pretending
>>
we just use a label printer from ecolab called a prep and print now. It automatically keeps track of date and time an item was labeled and when it goes out of date. Easy.
>>
>>8923973
Kitchen i work at enforces all of those rules. They won't just like immediately fore you but they'll make you stop what you're doing and relabel.
>>
>>8925468
>hire some more people
They can't afford to. Margins in restaurants are razor thin. Kitchens run literally as few people as they possibly can- it's why being a cook or chef has such shit hours.
>>
>>8925468
Wait, ocd gets you removed from the armed forces?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.