[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

newfag here does /ck/ have a sticky or reference site like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1494137118002.jpg (36KB, 350x464px) Image search: [Google]
1494137118002.jpg
36KB, 350x464px
newfag here

does /ck/ have a sticky or reference site like /fa/ or /fit/?
>>
>>8920238
ck booru org is the closest thing but that's just recipes
>>
Lurking is actually good enough but you do need to practice cooking - /fit/ has a sticky but if you don't do it you'll still be a chunker. Even if you don't have good pans or a kitchen at all even learning about food preperation in general is good for you

That being said the mcchicken is the fucking best fast food sandwich rofl
>>
Recommended books on first-time cookers? I want to learn some basic cooking concepts/techniques about cooking and some recipes.
>>
>>8920326
I have pic related, and it's cool because it details pretty much all the methods for anything you would need to know. It's not really recipes though so you have to find recipes that use the techniques.

What I really would like is a simple progression of recipes that get gradually more complex and introduce the techniques one or two at a time. Anyone know of anything like this?
>>
>ck gets a sticky
>board turns into nothing but yelling at sticky
>>
File: 1493646130831.jpg (97KB, 720x951px) Image search: [Google]
1493646130831.jpg
97KB, 720x951px
/ck/ core

Good Eats (Good to learn the basics and more importantly the why behind cooking, even if it's corny as shit and some episodes are a bit too DIY)
FoodWishes (Again, if you can get around the voice he does good shit. Cayenne is optional and a meme)
SeriousEats (Foodlabs are cool and go into depth about how ingredient amounts and techniques affect the end product, also fuck kenji)
Julia Child/Jaques Pepin (French cooking with the greats)

That about sums it up.
Experiment for yourself.
Expect fuck ups and learn to correct them.
Cooking is a lifelong process.

No, modifying shitty ramen packets is not learning how to cook.
Half the board is fast food shitposting, try to ignore it.
>>
>>8920238
Want a bland cheap meal because you're on a budget? /ck/ will always recommend the rice and beans meme.
>>
>>8920644

I use pepin's spatchcock chicken and people think I'm a wizard. Never not listen to him.
>>
>>8920238
Posting pictures of dumbass frogs won't help with anything
>>
All these posts and nobody mentions cooking with ja/ck/
>>
File: McDonalds-Chicken-Legend.png (246KB, 444x507px) Image search: [Google]
McDonalds-Chicken-Legend.png
246KB, 444x507px
>>8920277
what about the chicken legend?
>>
>>8920238
>>8920748
What the fuck is happening in this picture?
>>
>>8921480
Mom is forcing son to go to a funeral I think?
>>
>>8921001
>YouTube
Fuck off, normie.
>>
>>8920238
No. We can't even agree on shit like when to season eggs a sticky would cause the most autistic of screeches.
>>
>>8921480
Based on a story from /r9k/ iirc. The NEET's father died and his mother literally had to force him out of his room to go to his funeral.
>>
>>8921507
wow, /r9k/fags are truly pathetic
>>
>>8921423
Super mega ultra chicken? Shhh, he is only legend.
>>
>>8921507
if your child has so little consideration for you, you have utterly failed as a parent
>>
>>8921551
No shit. The guy was a NEET and a hikki.
>>
File: EsentialPepin.png (215KB, 1027x751px) Image search: [Google]
EsentialPepin.png
215KB, 1027x751px
>>8920644
that's a good book, but it was never Pepin approved :(. some publisher owned his La techinque and la method works and republished it without him knowing.

Pic related is his own published "la technique" with recipes. The technique part is a searchable DVD (not sure what comes with the digital version for videos)
>>
>>8921551
You're talking about the Gen X generation of parents (those responsible for little autists like that and all the special snowflakes): they are pretty much all failures as parents.
>>
>>8920238
No, fuck off.
>>
>does /ck/ have a sticky
are you saying you're too stupid to find it?
>>
>>8920326
Julia Child's "The Way To Cook." It's the only one you'll ever need for technique. >>8920644 Jacques' is a little over the top for the home cook IMO. "Joy of Cooking" (1970s version) is a veritable dictionary of recipes. Get a sub to Cooks Illustrated, reference Serious Eats for recipes.
>>
>>8921560
Pepin is pretty based. He and Julia Child were what my mom watched and read when I was growing up, and in turn rubbed off on me.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.