[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't street food popular in the Americas? Just came

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1493654922987.png (964KB, 1000x731px) Image search: [Google]
1493654922987.png
964KB, 1000x731px
Why isn't street food popular in the Americas?

Just came back from Korea and I was amazed by the variety and quality of street food there.
>>
>>8914169
I think fast food fills the niche over here.
>>
You can get hotdogs in cities my dude. You could also consider food trucks street food.
>>
>>8914173

The problem is that compared to most Asian street food, megacorp fast food is awful.

When you get street food in most places it's actually cooked to order by someone who knows what they are doing and actually cares about the product they are selling.

When you get fast food in the US it's factory-made shit that's sitting under a heat lamp assembled by some dumbass teenager who doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>8914173

>Americas
>dozens of different countries spanning 2 continents
>immediately thinks of America

What shithole do you live in where there aren't shishkebab and hotdog guys on every street corner in major cities? Fuck man, I just got a lemon ice from a ginzo faggot 2 hours ago on my way to work.

Also, Mexico is full of street vendors, as is every major city all the way south to Tierra del Fuego.
>>
>>8914169
1. Lots of Americans don't walk anywhere, they use streets strictly for driving

2. Licenseing requirements are probably more strictly enforced
>>
I think chinatown is pretty god cor street food, there's also fairs in case you want some deep fried budder
>>
That's how you get worms
>>
Clearly you've never been south of the wall.
>>
I dunno man but I work in Manhattan and it is full of street cart vendors.
>>
>>8914186
Licensing is the big one

They just decriminalized selling street food in Los Angeles but I think that was an illegal immigration thing (ie the people selling your street food are illegal, they get picked up for selling it, illegal so they get deported). Doesn't really seem to solve the reason why it was illegal in the first place: who wants to eat dirty as fuck food from some random bean's food cart? There's some fag in Sweden who streams from his food truck on twitch and there's a clip of him scraping some shit off of the side of his truck and rubbing it on the food
>>
>>8914186
/thread
>>
>>8914169
Food regulations are geared to the under 3 and over 65 crowd but a lot of people thinks that means a healthy adult individual will die immediately if anything falls outside of the regulations. Stupid shit like you should toss a salad with chicken in it if it was outside of the fridge for more than 30 minutes. Even things that actually are unsafe in America, like eating a dish with raw eggs, is still relatively safe. In countries that handle their eggs properly you have something like a 1 in 100,000 chance of getting sick were as in America it is 1 in 10,000.

Because of that most street places would probably be illegal and large swathes of people would simply refuse to eat there because they've been taught it will kill them.
>>
>>8914169

If I had to guess without google, I'd say our ridiculous amount of regulation and bureaucracy. Everything has to be inspected and licensed out the ass here. It's just too much time, effort, and money to bother with.
>>
>>8914169
>what are food trucks

Are you even paying attention?
>>
Organised gangs of Fastfood chains walk the streets and kill any small time vendors.
>>
>>8914169
americans are richer and will just go to a restaurant
>>
>>8914281
This. Not america but even in europe those regulations are getting pretty fucking retarded.
I'm a cook myself and at home i do a bunch of shit that would be considered dangerous and i'm perfectly fine.
Most of those regulations are only acceptables for large-scale cooking, and sissies who can't handle some bacteria.
>>
File: 14507158865_e46093d6f4_z.jpg (35KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
14507158865_e46093d6f4_z.jpg
35KB, 500x333px
>>8914169
I really miss the pojangmacha food culture in Korea. I worked with Koreans when I was there and it was a great way to drink, eat and socialize. Surprisingly fresh seafood and clean too. A great relaxing atmosphere as long as you weren't a typical, "ewww gross" american babby.
>>
>>8914169

America doesn't have the same level of population density, but if you go into heavily urbanized areas in America you'll see food trucks and the like.

If you're tourist abroad you naturally gravitate to high pop areas, if you go out in the boonies you won't get street food.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.