[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make perfect fried eggs? It seems I always end up overooking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Fry-Eggs-Beauty-01_s4x3.jpg (689KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fry-Eggs-Beauty-01_s4x3.jpg
689KB, 1440x1080px
How to make perfect fried eggs?
It seems I always end up overooking them, with rubber whites and too much snot still in the center

My mom always cooks eggs on low-medium heat and they come out great, but everyone I see on youtube cooks on high heat, I just don't get this egg business
>>
Low-med heat, use a good amount of butter, cook eggs until bottom is desired color, add a tsp or 2 of water & immediately cover. Allow steam to cook the white until the film on top of the yolk turns transparent
>>
>>8909502
Until it's no longer transparent*
>>
just crack them in a pan, then wait a bit, flip them over, wait a bit, and voila.
>>
>>8909493
might just be your pan, make sure your oil is very hot before adding the eggs and don't be afraid to get a spoon and baste them so that the white cooks evenly and quickly
>>
I use a spoon and grab the butter/oil and start dropping it on the yolk until its just how i want it.

try it out m8.
>>
Heat up a pan, add butter/oil/cooking spray of your choice, pour in egg, pour in a little bit of water. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low, let the steam from the water cook the egg until the whites are solid but the yolks are cooked to your preferred consistency.
>>
>>8909493
Whenever I have fried eggs its with bacon. I do the bacon first and when I'm done I turn the heat on the pan right down to med low for a while. Then I crack the eggs in the pan, let em sit for a while, flip them, turn off the heat and just let them sit there until I can judge by eye they're ready. I like the yolk runny and it almost never ends up going over for me.
>>
>>8909583
Do you season the eggs?
>>
>>8909493

High heat cooking is for speed and volume.

Cook them on low heat, its easier to keep going if they look undercooked than it is to unburn them.

Basting is good for well done eggs that are very rich but the steaming suggestions will give you a more delicate result.

How do you take them?

You wanna get really autistic with eggs, its one of the few socially accepted things that allow this super autism.

I have a little carbon steel pan just for eggs. Just imagine the autism.
>>
>>8909809
>autism
>autistic
>autism
>autism

Shut the fuck up.
Inb4 ban phrase.
>>
>>8909816

How're your eggs?
>>
Guys every time I cook my eggs with oil, that shit spits everywhere all over my stove and makes a huge mess. Is this indicative of too high heat? I love how crispy my eggs get from this method but holy fuck is the cooking process annoying and painful
>>
>>8909493
if you like the bottom and edges all crunchy, high heat is the way to go. if you don't, use medium to low heat. it's all up to what you like best. but 'fried' eggs usually have the crusty parts as a defining feature as far as i know
>>
>>8909865

too hot, use butter, cook for longer on lower heat
>>
>>8909531
Now now Pierre...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.