[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /ck/ which of you motherfuckers knows the true majes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: jicama-fb.jpg (29KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
jicama-fb.jpg
29KB, 1200x630px
Alright /ck/ which of you motherfuckers knows the true majesty that is jicama?

A lot of you probably saw it in the supermarket and didn't know what it was and it didn't look interesting so you ignored it and YOU FUCKED UP.

This shit is tasty as fuck, it's cheap as fuck, and its healthy as fuck. "B-b-but I don't know how to pronounce or cook it". Well I'm gonna tell you all about that. It is Mexican in origin so the "J" is pronounced as an "H". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWi4x0LuO1E

To prepare it is the simplest thing in the world. You peel of the skin and cut it however you like and that's it. This shit tastes great FUCKING RAW. It is slightly sweet yet crispy and juicy. Like if an apple got tired of being a shitty tree fruit and grew the fuck up into a glorious tuber. You can just slice it up and eat it like that or you can toss that bitch in a salad. It can also stand up to some light cooking while retaining its crispness so you can also use it in a stirfry.

Next time you are grocery shopping and you come across a jicama you damn well better get one.
>>
its pretty nice if you cut it into sticks and eat hummus or peanut butter with it.
>>
>>8909027
What can I cook with it?
>>
>>8909027
We simply call it turnip here easier to pronounce.
>>
>>8909027
Why do you talk like this? Does it make you feel BADASS? It just makes you look like an edgelord faggot.
>>
>>8909032
>>8909027
It's good even with just lemon juice
>>
>>8909027
they have the texture of an uncooked potato and taste like a dirty apple
>>8909050
this
>>
>>8909328
I'm sure you meant lime juice
>>
File: 1487924495602.jpg (238KB, 1337x1289px) Image search: [Google]
1487924495602.jpg
238KB, 1337x1289px
>>8909355
>lime juice
fucking hipster normies
>>
>>8909027
Can they be cut into fries and double fried like a potatoe or would they not hold up?
>>
>>8909396
This guy is asking the real questions
>>
>>8909027
Jicama is by far one of my favorite vegetables. It's so goddamn versatile, I use it in so many dishes. And, it's awesome just as a snack, sprinkled with a little salt and lemon or lime. I don't know why more people haven't jumped on that yet.
>>
>>8909396
Yeah, you can fry jicama. They're nice and starchy, but they can be pretty juicy, so you need to make sure you pat them nice and dry before frying. I like them batter fried, personally, like you would fried zucchini or mushrooms, or tossed with seasoned flour, like for seasoned fries.
>>
>>8909392
So, since Mexican cuisine relies a lot on lime juice, all Mexicans are hipster normies?

Leave your house once in a while you goddamn idiot
>>
Jicama rules, best snack food ever.

I like to drizzle thick cuts in vinegar and lemon juice.
>>
>>8909632
>leave your house
Fucking normies
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.