[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people actually enjoy eating mussels? The texture is absolutely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

Do people actually enjoy eating mussels? The texture is absolutely horrendous and they're fucking dirty as hell, sand everywhere. Why do people eat this shit?
>>
No I've just been pretending. You caught me
>>
>>8907246
me too anon, you've caught us, I have to stop eating them now
>>
>>8907246
can u describe what u like about them?
>>
>>8907237
Better than oysters and they're hot when served.
>>
Dangit, OP is on to us now. What terrible food should we pretend to enjoy next? Artichokes? They're so spiky and hard to take apart, why do people eat that shit?
>>
>>8907237

If you get sand, then it was ill-prepared and had no chance of winning you over. It is possible to remove that shit.
>>
>>8907270
what do u like about mussels?
>>
>>8907281
They taste good, you fucking sperg
>>
I don't like them that much but maybe I just never had any good ones
>>
>>8907237
mmm those muscles are thicc
>>
>>8907237
mussels are delicious
>>
Only when they are reddish/orange like in your pic, OP. Otherwise I pass on them.
>>
I used to go snorkeling for them when I was a kid and then light a fire and cook them on the coals, they were delicious.
When I eat them now I get a bit nostalgic and remember the good times before I lost my innocence and had my soul crushed by a 30 year mortgage and a dead end job.
>>
Why do seafood complaint threads always have some faggot complaining about sand in shellfish as if they don't know how to purge? Is soaking them in clean water really that fucking difficult?
>>
I really like them, but only as like an appetizer or a snack. Whenever I see people having mussels they're always having like 600 at once when I'd really only want like 6.
>>
>>8907237
Clearly you're not white.
>>
File: 1469643386949.gif (464KB, 340x450px) Image search: [Google]
1469643386949.gif
464KB, 340x450px
>>8907237
I really enjoy them a lot in flavor and all that. The problem I have is of course with consumption.

1. Taste good
2. High nutrition
3. Lean
4. Very cheap (And Im in flyover)

1. Pain in the fucking ass to eat, never clean
2. High sodium
3. Smell bad for those who hate seafood
4. Taste bad (Not to me, but retards cite this. Honestly I think its a texture reality thing. Like oysters. People cant get over what they are and despite good taste or smell refuse them.)
>>
Garlic, butter, leek & white wine, serve with toasted ciabatta with garlic & butter rubbed into it

My fuckin lawd
>>
>>8907237
I would eat them raw if it wasnt riskier than other shellfish.
Mussels are delicious and versitile you probably overcooked them and failed to de-beard them.
>>
>>8907237
>grilled with cheese on top
>grilled by itself
>stewed with ginger and garlic
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeit
>>
>>8908378
what kind of cheese? never tried that.
>>
They are cheap and delicious and are best served with blue cheese sauce or a white wine sauce.

Disclaimer: If you dont like blue cheese you're a massive faggot so should be eating cock instead anyway.
>>
>>8908897

>blue cheese and mussels

What the fuck.
>>
>>8908990
You haven't lived.
>>
I've eaten this one time, and it was delicious. It was some sort of chilli/garlic sauce, very good actually. Can't remember any sand.
But I agree; I can understand the texture being a problem for some people.
>>
>>8907237
>texture
Likely overcooked
>dirty
Improperly prepared. Sand in your mussels is a great indicator that the cooks wherever you're at don't know what they're doing, or don't care.

Mussels steamed with fennel, chilies, garlic, and white wine/pernod are goat.
>>
>>8907237
How's being 13 doing ya, OP?
>>
Babby's first treck from chicken tenders. It's mostly reddit tho.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.