[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i have 6 big containers of blackberries what should i do with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: blackberry.jpg (153KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
blackberry.jpg
153KB, 1200x900px
i have 6 big containers of blackberries

what should i do with them? I want to use them before they go bad
>>
Eat them. They're delickus.
>>
File: d1.jpg (2MB, 3283x4345px) Image search: [Google]
d1.jpg
2MB, 3283x4345px
>>8898993
Jam.
>>
>>8898993
Blackberry ice cream
Blackberry coffee cake
Blackberry sauce
Blackberry cheesecake
>>
>>8899010
Seconded.
>>
>>8898993
home made blackberry brandy

very easy to do at home, but it's going to be weak shit, you need to buy some alcohol
>>
>>8899008
i could (i already ate one box), and i agree they're delicious, but i can only eat so many. And also the seeds annoy me a little bit.

>>8899010
is there an easy recipe for that?
>>
File: yesyesyes.gif (291KB, 350x315px) Image search: [Google]
yesyesyes.gif
291KB, 350x315px
>>8899018
they sell everclear at the liquor store near me
i don't think that's how you make brandy but i want to buy some everclear
>>
>>8899027
>Fruit brandy is a distilled beverage produced from mash, juice, wine or residues of culinary fruits.
it's very popular in eastern europe where I'm from
everyone does this, it's very easy
>>
UPDATE: since i started this thread i've actually eaten almost two of the boxes. this may be easier then i though

>>8899050
So do you ferment and distill the fruit/liquid yourself, or do you just add alcohol?
>>
>>8899065
people who have a distillery do it at home and get stuff like
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakia

others, if they can only ferment, usually add alcohol bought from the store because as you probably know fermentation can only give you like, what, <10-12%? if you find that too weak you can just add alcohol

that's what everyone does here with surplus fruits, besides jam
>>
File: 20170212_081137.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170212_081137.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>8899086
Fuck the distilling, just make a blackberry mead with honey as the only adjunct. With a champagne yeast like Lavlin EC1118, you can get close to 20% ABV depending on the volume of honey (pic related an 18% ABV blueberry mead being transferred to secondary.)
>>
>>8898993
CMON AND SLAM!
AND MAKE SOME FUCKIN JAM!
>>
blackberry pie
>>
>>8899653
this right here. blackberry pie is the shit.
>>
>>8899653
this. My blackberries are dying for some reason.
>>
File: ok.png (195KB, 1250x408px) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
195KB, 1250x408px
obligatory
>>
Get some fresh peaches and butter pecan ice cream and do a peach/blackberry skillet cobbler
>>
>>8899283
Oh god my sides
>>
>>8899027
It's not how you make brandy, but it IS how you make liqueur. Steep berries in Everclear for about a month, strain, filter and add simple syrup. A basic guideline here is 1:1:1; so scale the recipe to however many berries you got. Like, three cups of berries steeps in three cups of Everclear and gets mixed with three cups simple syrup. But taste it while you add the simple syrup gradually, you might like it more or less sweet.

You can play with other add-ins, like vanilla or whole spices or zest.
>>
>>8899862
A similar idea, infuse a pint with cheap Creme de Cassis. Muddle a pint of blackberries in a large container then add 1oz Angostura Bitters and one bottle of the Cassis. Let it set for about 15 minutes to let it infuse properly then strain into a container (the old bottle works fine but you will need a small container for the extra liquid volume). Good way to improve cheap shit.

Another idea is to just make simple syrup. Keep the berries after straining and use them for baking, pancakes, or random dessert to act as a sugar substitute.
>>
>>8899020
Jam is easy as shit. The only hard part is canning it, but that's optional.

>>8899274
Isn't that just wine?
>>
File: jambanner.png (126KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
jambanner.png
126KB, 350x200px
>>8898993
freeze them so they don't go bad?

when you have a freezer full of fresh fruit buy a pressure cooker and start canning jams and jellies
>>
>>8898993
I'd just freeze them half a cup a day. I put berries in a high speed blender with other stuff to obliterate the seeds so they don't get stuck in my teeth, and to maximize nutrient availability. Would probably be good in some frozen banana "nicecream"
>>
>>8900583
i accidentally a
>>
Thorn blackberries of thornless blackberries best for taste and to grow?
>>
>>8898993
turn them into jam or beer. than they'll never go bad.
>>
problem solved, i ate all of the raw
>>
>>8898993
booze.
>>
>>8900770
enjoy your black sludge seedy shits
>>
>>8901065
I will, thanks.
>>
put in blender with milk
drink purple potion
>>
>>8901226
the lean thread is the other way
>>
eat them
>>
>>8898993
Eat them all in one sitting. Wait 3-5 days, and then have the single most agonizing bathroom experience of your life as you shit out a 5 pound boulder comprised mostly of blackberry seeds
>>
>>8899800
EVERYBODY GET UP ITS TIME TO SLAM NOW
WE GOT BLACKBERRY JAM GOIN DOWN
MAKE THE BLACKBERRY JAM
IT'S YOUR CHANCE DO YOUR DANCE BLACKBERRY JAM, ALRIGHT
>>
>>8901079
your shits are going to look like fuckin cliff bars
>>
>>8898993
As nobody else suggested this: sell them?

Sure there must be people who would gladly pay a few bucks for a load of blackberries. I know I would.
>>
>>8898993
Wow, I have no idea. If only there were something to do with lots of berries that would, I don't know, PRESERVE them for the future?

Since there's not, and this is 4chan, just shove them all up your dick hole and muzzleload it down with a pipe cleaner until your nutsack is just a big blackberry.
>>
>>8898993
Make jam.
Make pie.
Make smoothie...
>>
Get tart shells and put blackberries in them. Delicious.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.