[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your brew, questions, sources, teaware reviews, etc. P

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: capture.jpg (346KB, 1512x2016px) Image search: [Google]
capture.jpg
346KB, 1512x2016px
Post your brew, questions, sources, teaware reviews, etc.

Pastebin with sources and FAQs
https://pastebin.com/4ZEuMwBJ

Ancient FAQ from 2012:
https://pastebin.com/hw8XXZV5

/ck/ wiki tea page that no one has edited in ages:
http://4chan-ck.wikia.com/wiki/Tea

Green tea is going to help you lose weight
Green tea is going to keep you up if you drink it before bed
Do buy tea from Teavana
If you aren't using teabags, start leaving it in the cup after it's done brewing
Always use boiling water
START USING TEABAGS
>>
what's the best tea to help me stay awake while watching toons

i seem to fall asleep after about 3 episodes
>>
>>8896694
Matcha.
>>
>>8896694
green tea from japan has quite a lot of coffein
>>
File: Picture 1.jpg (2MB, 5168x2907px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 1.jpg
2MB, 5168x2907px
drinking some anxi benshan from YS
tastes sweet as fuck
good shit
>>
File: IMG_2209.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2209.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Hey /tea/ I'm a newfag to tea but does buying this tea sampler make me a faggot
>>
>>8897333
No. Starting with teabags is a decent start, once you get used to the taste of bags, you'll start craving for more subtle and different flavours.
>>
File: 20170505_160336.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170505_160336.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Drinking some sheng from '02, still packs a punch
>>
>>8897771
how big is that pot?
it looks like >100 ml
>>
>>8898070
Nah, its a close up, its 60ml
>>
>>8898076
sorry fucked up the sign
how is brewing with such a tiny pot?
my smallest yixing pot is like 120ml and thats almost to small for me
>>
>teabags
we are entering pleb country
>>
>>8898092
Its a bit too small but it works fine, something around 80-90ml would be ideal for me, I tend to use a ton of leaf and resteep a lot, I originally bought it for yancha, so I could leaf harder without it being too expensive to do so, but it just worked better with aged sheng, it's too muting for yancha.
>>
>>8897771
what do you mean by punch?
>>
>>8898469
Even though its 15yo now it is still very green, it is also very smoky
>>
>>8898570
I've read that pu-erh has to be stored in a very humid environment to age (like a dank Hong Kong basement), and it will age very slowly in low humidity. Do you think that your sheng was stored in dry conditions for most of its life?
>>
>>8899570
this was stored in guangzhou, so on the wetter side of dry storage, the base material was just super smoky, it is clearly aged, but it hasnt fully assumed that aged character
>>
File: 1493999651127.png (247KB, 1488x525px) Image search: [Google]
1493999651127.png
247KB, 1488x525px
What tea is the most oppressive?
>>
I got a load of teas for first time today including some silver needle. It said on the pack 2tsp per cup but is that an imperial cup (I'm britbong) or just a standard mug? Also I can't measure the needles with my teaspoon. Anyone can give me a good leaf:water ratio?
>>
>>8901215
You really just have to try out what works best for you, the more tea you add, the stronger the flavour.

2tsp per imperial cup seems about right, I usually do 0.5tsp per weaboo cup.
>>
>>8901273
Thanks anon, I think I made it too weak desu, tasted mostly like hot water to me
>>
>>8901308
Silver needle is very subtle though. How long did you brew it for? And at what temperature?

I usually pre-heat the teapot and steep silver needle for ten minutes. All at 75 degrees Celsius.

You also have to remember that it requires a lot of space to expand.
>>
>>8901320
My gaiwan is still in the post so I poured water into a mug with the leaves in and it was around 80C. Waited 3 min and then kinda scooped most of the leaves of with my spoon :3
>>
>>8901326
Yeah, three minutes isn't nearly enough for long jing. Gotta let it steep a lot longer.
>>
>>8901347
Thanks anon that explains it. Will be trying a rebrew later
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.