[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ck/ what is your go-to burger recipe? me: >acquire ground

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: ffff.jpg (178KB, 1400x919px) Image search: [Google]
ffff.jpg
178KB, 1400x919px
/ck/ what is your go-to burger recipe?

me:
>acquire ground beef or grind my own if i'm feeling fancy
>season with salt, pepper, a bit of garlic powder and ground mustard seeds, mix it up real good
>oil a pan and get it fucking hot
>grab a ball of meat and toss it on the pan
>squash it down with a spatula
>wait til one side is done, flip it and place a slice of cheese on top
>wait til other side is done
>pick it up, put it in a bun
>serve

what about you, /ck/?
>>
-Beef short rib meat, freshly ground.
-Form into patties with a dent in the center
-Season patties with salt and pepper, brush with melted butter.
-cook in a hot skillet until there is a nice strong sear on each side
-Aim for a doneness of medium rare.
-When patties are done, toast the buns in a little of the rendered fat from cooking patties.
>>
>>8893463
pretty much the same except i like to knead some finely chopped onions into the meat and put rocket on the bun.
btw it still weirds me out that it's called rocket in english.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>8893463
>All that effort.

It takes me 70 seconds to prepare and cook mine and i guarantee it would shoot yours out the water.
>>
For me?
>>
File: 250px-McD-McChicken.jpg (12KB, 250x145px) Image search: [Google]
250px-McD-McChicken.jpg
12KB, 250x145px
It's the Mcchicken, the best fast food sandwich.
>>
>>8893532
>it's called rocket in english.

you can also get away with arugula if you want to avoid confusion
>>
>>8893687
> tfw they're so wrong it's almost adorable
>>
File: 603q0qd9.jpg (101KB, 415x419px) Image search: [Google]
603q0qd9.jpg
101KB, 415x419px
>>8893709
>>
>>8893709
You're so very wrong.
>Me in the top right
>>
>>8893463
>Mixing salt into your burger meat
You need to go back to burger school
>>
>>8893981
i don't form patties so why wouldn't i season the meat?
>>
>>8893704
>>8893532
I've only heard it as arugula. Where do people call it rocket?
>>
>>8893463

Get some ground beef (~20% fat) and some ground lamb from the local Halal market, gently mix those together and then GENTLY form a patty.

Pan fry or grill. Serve on a bun with either a lettuce leaf or mayonnaise on the bottom bun so it doesn't get soggy. DELICIOUS
>>
Form ~6 oz in to two loose balls, topped with garlic salt, cumin, and chili powde.

Drop them in to a super hot skillet, and press down steady and firm for 15 seconds, then flip and do the same on the other side.

Flip every 30 seconds until 145 degrees, top with cheddar, and let rest for five minutes. Stack and put on a bun.

Only takes 2-3 minutes for two patties that are perfectly crisp on the outside, and juicy and even all the way through.
>>
>>8893463
My old burger recipe is as follows

>get ground beef, roughly 87% lean
>form into 1/2lbs patties with a pinch of salt and pepper
>pan fry in a little bit of olive oil on a hot skillet, serve them rare, with a cool red center
>immediately after taking out of the skillet apply some pimento cheese
>once the pimento cheese has melted enough, put on a bun with a little ketchup and mayo

When making burgers at home I like them a little undercooked. I wouldn't want all of my burgers that way, but it's nice to have every once and a while. I would cook them more traditionally for guests.

I used to brush a little bit of Coleman's English Mustard onto the patty while cooking, and then put on a slice of american, cheddar, and swiss, and let that melt real good while on the stove. The spiciness of the pimento cheese replaces the need for the mustard, and it has a more complex flavor than the three cheeses did.

Before that I would grill a whole portabella mushroom and put that on the burger, with cheese between them. I wouldn't use ketchup with that either, just mayo.

I'm currently experimenting with what goes into the patty itself, now that I have a meat grinder, but I haven't settled on anything. I'm currently toying around with adding a little bit of bread crumbs and a splash of milk. We'll see.
>>
File: 1463327642192.jpg (19KB, 346x346px) Image search: [Google]
1463327642192.jpg
19KB, 346x346px
>>8893463

>storebought ground beef, 27% fat (generally go for the higher fat content)
>make patty with thumbprint in center
>season top side with Mrs. Dash and Lawry's Seasoned Salt
>put seasoned side on bottom of griddle, season top again
>prepare buns by buttering the inner sides
>wait until sides are brown, flip
>pour a bit of Worcestershire on patty
>after a minute, put buttered buns in same pan with patty to the side
>wait a few minutes
>take patty off griddle and onto a paper towel to drain, then take off buns
>put mayo on bottom bun, followed by onions, patty american cheese, shredded lettuce and a slice of tomato, then topped with the bun
>immediately dive into flavortown
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.