[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is cheap wine good? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTh RzJLAgXo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: wine.png (1007KB, 1266x718px) Image search: [Google]
wine.png
1007KB, 1266x718px
Is cheap wine good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UThRzJLAgXo
>>
>>8890163
depends on the wine. cheap wine can be good, if that's what you're asking, and if some snooty cunt tell you it can't they've never been in a wine region. never listen to idiots mindlessly quoting fancy wine words, try stuff for yourself - and you'll find a wine thats both cheap and good.
>>
>>8890163
Depends what you mean by 'cheap', and where you live

In a lot of places, particularly middle america, very little good wine makes it into stores, so they only wines that aren't loaded with horrible adjuncts are fairly high end wines, and most of the stuff in the $10-30 range is utter shit, and also marked up several hundred percent

If you live in a wine drinking area, you can usually get pretty decent stuff all the way down to $8-10 a bottle, in Europe quite a bit lower than that

Wine makes some people extremely defensive though, so if you even suggest that some wine is better than worse than some other wine, they'll have a hissy fit and claim you're putting on airs
>>
Trader Joe's Three Buck Chuck (formerly Two Buck Chuck) is pretty good. Just stay away from their Merlot and Chardonnay.
>>
File: viña fuerte tempranillo.jpg (24KB, 388x314px) Image search: [Google]
viña fuerte tempranillo.jpg
24KB, 388x314px
>>8890163
>>8890163
The price point isn't the sole indicator of a quality wine.

This is one of my favorites for sure (pic related).
>>
File: 1429014628034.jpg (49KB, 758x720px) Image search: [Google]
1429014628034.jpg
49KB, 758x720px
i'm drinking boxed white merlot, roast me
>>
>>8890542
Spain is all over the map. There are some ridiculous values and there are some pretty lame wines. That being said it's still head and shoulders above California and Australia as far as being able to blindly pick a cheap wine and not having it be terrible.

Also I watched the op video and I was gratified to see him talk up Lapostolle. One of the only South American labels that I will drink without reservation.
>>
Here in Hungary its all about knowledge. You can get ripped off for 10-20 USD, but the average price I pay for a bottle is 5 USD, and my wine is almost always good.

>>8890546
This. If I buy import, it's always spanish.
>>
>>8890544
OMG THAT'S TERRIBLE

Seriously though what does it taste like
>>
>>8890589
Disappointment
>>
JUST
>>
File: fuck unitaskers.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fuck unitaskers.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
In Alton Brown's onion soup episode he says never cook with wine you wouldn't drink but I DISTINCTLY remember him saying the opposite to a charicature of a French chef on a later season

So what is it? Use two-buck chuck or not?
>>
>>8890660
Wine is used in cooking to enhance flavor. If it tastes bad, don't use it. If you want to get drunk on it, just mix with some soda and chug it down.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.