[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simple rice and beans recipes please. I own canned beans, brown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: fc71iy049-02_xlg.jpg (69KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
fc71iy049-02_xlg.jpg
69KB, 600x500px
Simple rice and beans recipes please.
I own canned beans, brown rice and a rice cooker.
Also a pantry with shite like onions, garlic, tomatoes...

Just want one easy extra meal per day that i can batch cook and microwave when needed.

Other meal ideas not wanted.

Bump if you're interested.
>>
>>8888920

boil beans
boil rice
put beans on rice
add hot sauce
spoon down
>>
>>8888920
I'll bump for a nigger
>>
>>8888932
Stop being a retread please mate
>>
Fucking cunt
>>
File: 1493758513659.jpg (1MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
1493758513659.jpg
1MB, 3072x1728px
>>8888920

2 lb black eyed peas, soaked over night. Discard soaking water. Cover with water and start cooking. Add a large package of chicken stock. (2 quarts?)

Chop 2 onions, 2 garlic cloves, and 5 celery stalks as fine as you can. Dump in pot. Continue cooking.

Buy about 2 lbs of ham. Chunk it into half inch cubes. Dump in pot. Continue cooking... About 2 or three hours, covered at low simmer - till beans are as you like them. I like sort of al dente.

Then I rinse a couple more cans of northern or canneli beans and dump those in. Return to a boil and its done.

Makes about 700 servings. Freezes very well. Serve over rice.
>>
>>8888920

red beans, in. soak overnight. discard that water and cover with new water. pot. nice and hot. bring to boil.

add a quart or two of chicken stock, yeah?

chop up 1 onion, 2 green bell peppers, 3 to 5 stalks of celery (as fine as possible) - dump in pot with 3 bay leaves and 1 tablespoon of cajun seasoning. (google cajun seasoning or buy a store bought mix - it should be heavy on smoked paprika and include some cayenne for heat - if it doesn't its a shit recipe or mix)

brown a pound or two of andouille sausage and throw it in the pot.

cube up about a pound of smoked ham and throw that in the pot. If you have left over ham from christmas or thanksgiving this is a great use of that ham and the bone... COOK THAT BONE.

when your red beans start to fall apart, you can mash them up a bit to thicken the red beans (this is optional and to taste)

salt to taste. depending on that cajun seasoning mix and how salty the sausage and ham was you may or may not need salt.

I find that with all bean dishes, erring on the side of a little too salty is better than not salty enough. especially if you are serving over rice which will mute the salt out a bit.

salt your rice while it is cooking too.

for a change up, sub grits for rice in any of these southern dishes.

++++ bonus points +++++ if you can get boudin sausage from a local cajun place, you can roast a couple of those in oven to an internal temp of 165 and serve over the top of the red beans. garnish with green onion and or cheddar/bacon/green onion cornbread.

oh yes anon... oh yes..

beans and fuckin rice. love me some.

you also add garlic if you like. after all, you are the howard dean, of your rice and beans.
>>
>>8890027
genuinely looks great
>>
>>8891717
Fagit
>>
>>8890027
>700 servings.
Manlet detected
>>
>>8888920
>Boil brown rice
>Boil kidney beans
>Add a bit of butter, coconut milk and salt
>????
>Profit
>>
>>8892993
Laughed my little boipussi off
>>
>>8893038
Kek
>>
lately ive been dicing 3-4 gloves of garlic and an onion as finely as I can lazily bare and sweating em before adding black and kidney beans, sometimes a can of quartered tomatoes, and some curry powder, add a little bit of yogurt at the end. You can try it with scallions, green onions, add some sausage or kielbasa too, all good and fun.
>>
Throw a handful of achiote/annatto seeds into a pan with some olive oil. Heat over medium or medium-low heat until the seeds are sizzling. Before they start to turn color, take the mixture off the heat and drain the oil without seeds into a separate container. Let cool.

Chop one green bell pepper, one onion, one tomato, 2-4 cloves of garlic, 3-4 ajices dulces and a few stems/leaves of cilantro, culantro. Mix these ingredients with a mortar and pestle with a tiny amount of salt. This is called sofrito.

Heat achiote oil in a large, thick-bottom pot over medium heat with a chunk of fatback. When the fatback is golden-brown, add some diced onion and simmer until translucent, then add the sofrito mixture. Simmer and stir until most of the moisture has evaporated from the sofrito. Then add water, white rice (in equal proportions), gandules/pigeon peas, a small amount of tomato sauce, garlic and onion powder (or adobo powder), Spanish olives, salt, pepper, oregano, and maybe some bouillon cubes if desired. Stir, and bring the pot up to a simmer. Once this happens, give it another quick stir to loosen any rice from the bottom of the pot. Let the simmering liquid reduce to below the surface of the rice, then cover, and turn the heat to low. After about 20 minutes or so, remove the cover, and very gently turn the rice from bottom to top, using as few motions and as little force as possible. Then cover again and let cook for another 20 minutes or so, until done.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.