[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which side of the aluminium foil is supposed to touch your food,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Which side of the aluminium foil is supposed to touch your food, the dull matt side or the shiny side?

Are there any risks involved with cooking with aluminium foil?
>>
The dull side is normally a nonstick side. That is the side I make touch the food. That way it can't stick to the food.
>>
>>8888252
dull good, shiny evil
>>
The shiny side reflects radiant heat, so you want that side up, touching the food, when you line a pan.
>>
It legitimately doesn't matter.
http://www.reynoldskitchens.com/aluminum-foil/heavy-duty-foil/
>With standard and heavy duty foil, it’s perfectly fine to place your food on either side so you can decide if you prefer to have the shiny or dull side facing out.

>>8888264
That's only if you have a foil that's specifically nonstick. Regular aluminum foil usually isn't nonstick.
http://www.reynoldskitchens.com/aluminum-foil/non-stick-foil/
>Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil is the heavy duty strength you trust with a special food-safe non-stick coating. Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil is perfect for lining pans and freezer storage.
>The non-stick side is the side with the dull or flat finish. To help indicate which side is non-stick the foil has been imprinted with the words "NON-STICK Side."
>>
There's functionally no difference between each side.

The visual difference is merely from the process of rolling it thin.
>>
>>8888252
aluminum foil is poisoning your food and you
don't use it
>>
>>8888282
I never knew this. Thank you.
>>
>>8888282
I don't have that brand of foil where I live.
>>
>>8888252
do not cook in that foil, you will eat metal fumes. It is only good for covering some cold food, sandwitches etc. Do not eat aluminium it is toxic.
>>
>>8888300
>>8888420
I think that only applies, if the foil comes in contact with very acidic or alkaline food.
>>
>>8888826
>with very acidic or alkaline food.
so that covers all food groups, I think
>>
>>8889251
>eat pie
>pH is 2
>chemical burns and permanent disfigurement
>sheeeeeeeit
>>
>>8888826
lmao he isn't aware of aluminum's +3 oxidation state and HSAB theory!!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.