[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You ever have anything you dodnt like at first but learned to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: sarmas.jpg (25KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
sarmas.jpg
25KB, 400x300px
You ever have anything you dodnt like at first but learned to appreciate later?

Working at a mediterranean place and had one of these. First time i had it i was somewhere between dissapointed and "wtf is this". Then for some reason i started craving them and now im practically eating a few every day. Same shit happened with ipa's every weekend
>>
>>8886120
they give me really weird shits
>>
A Turkish neighbour from years back used to make these for me. The stuffing was not just rice but with meat and was a bit spicy, they were delicious. It pains me that I'll never be able to ask her for the recipe.
>>
>>8886148
>wine leaves (preferrably picked fresh and soaked in a vinegar/citrus/water mixture)

Filling:
>300g bulgur
>150g tartar (traditional)or mince
>a big or two small potatoes that have been cooked fork tender
>onions that have been diced and sauteed till tranluscent
>tomatoe paste
>smoked paprika
>salt
>pepper

Roll the fillings into the leaves, tightly. Fill a pot with them, add water till they are all covered, use leftover leaves to create a sort of lid, slice a lemon and put them on top of your leaf roof, cook for an hour and then on low until almost all water has evaporated, serve with garlic yoghurt
>>
>>8886250
Thank you, anon!
>>
>>8886120
Were they the canned shits?
>>
>>8886148
>turkish

I thought those were greek dolmas. But I guess turkish and greek food are essentially the same since turkey subjugated greece for so long.
>>
>>8886278
Greek is the poor mans turkish food.

Except for moussaka, that shit is gold
>>
>>8886278
In the U.S. we call it Mediterranean. It basically encapsulates Greece, Turkey and other Middle Eastern countries.
>>
cock
>>
>>8886278
a lot of crossing over between the two cuisines given their shared history/geography
the greek version generally has only rice and herbs, whereas, the turkish equivalent often has meat and tomato as well
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.