[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the correct definition of a sandwich and why is it structurally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: C-wyhyfXYAALcbz.jpg (218KB, 1319x907px) Image search: [Google]
C-wyhyfXYAALcbz.jpg
218KB, 1319x907px
What is the correct definition of a sandwich and why is it structurally neutral/ingredient rebellious?
>>
For me it is the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich.
>>
File: 1465268054112.jpg (35KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1465268054112.jpg
35KB, 460x345px
>>8882214
Two pieces of baked bread containing ingredients. That makes a wrap a wrap since tortillas are not baked. A hot dog is not a sandwich since it is technically in once piece of bread unless you want to make an arguement for open faced.

And of course a Pop Tart is fucking disgusting garbage for fatties so it doesn't even qualify.
>>
>>8882214
Whoever made this chart is retarded but his heart was in the right place
>>
>>8882246
You sound like a radical sandwich anarchist
>>
File: sandwiches.jpg (12KB, 192x130px) Image search: [Google]
sandwiches.jpg
12KB, 192x130px
>>8882214
What if you have a more nuanced view?
>>
I draw the line at tacos and hotdogs.
>>
File: 76eaylp.jpg (40KB, 691x426px) Image search: [Google]
76eaylp.jpg
40KB, 691x426px
>>8882270
>>
>>8882270
Oh please explain how the sub is a sandwich but hotdogs and tacos are both tacos.

If a hotdog and taco are both tacos, then surely the tacos is defined by the U shape rather than the content or the "bread", and therefore a sub must also be a taco.
>>
>>8882374
It just is, m8.

I feel it in my gut.
>>
>>8882231
>an open-faced sandwich isn't a sandwich
>>
I often wondered about whether or not a hot dog was a sandwich until my friend pointed out that originally in Germany, the bun part of the hotdog equation was nearly an afterthought; the thing is really only there as a handle for the sausage.

So I come down hard on no, a hot dog isn't a sandwich.
>>
>>8882231
is a burger a sandwich? it's one bread roll cut in half.
>>
File: The-Del-Taco-%28Soft%29.png (252KB, 860x480px) Image search: [Google]
The-Del-Taco-%28Soft%29.png
252KB, 860x480px
>>8882214
by this chart, a taco is a sandwich and that is apparently a neutral point of view

I see this as proof of the chart's failure, because there is no way in hell calling a taco a sandwich is an act of neutrality
>>
>>8882214
This is the stupidest chart I've ever seen here.
>>
>>8882886
i see meat cheese lettuce and condiment there. pretty neutral.
>>
>>8882907
and by neutral i mean ingredient purist. whoops.
>>
File: sandvich.jpg (108KB, 815x595px) Image search: [Google]
sandvich.jpg
108KB, 815x595px
Fuck off, words have meaning.
>>
>>8883229
>one slice of bread covered in food
So pizza is sandwich now?
>>
>>8883229
So do the other definitions on the page not count, or...
>>
>>8883236

Assuming you consider pizza dough bread then it is an open faced sandwich.
>>
>>8882714
If we take that route, then for the Earl of Sandwich, the bread was just there as a handle for the meat.
>>
I don't like that pizza is a sandwich is the most logical thing I have ever heard in my life.
>>
this thread is tremendously reddit

>>8883241

it's not a slice of bread though
>>
>>8884086
>"this thread is super reddit guys!!! j-just though I'd let you know!"
>participates anyway

nice
>>
>>8882214

to me, a sandwich is bread or bun that envelope something

hot dogs and hamburgers are sub-categories of sandwich

>>8883236

pizza isn't bread

it's a flatbread
>>
>>8884107
>bread isn't bread
>it's bread
>>
>>8884099
>Implying Reddit is bad.
You'll get better information there than you will on this shitshow of a board.
/ck/ is strictly for baiting retards when you're bored.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.