[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How have consumers not caught on to the fact that generic brands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1475770013621.jpg (18KB, 201x250px) Image search: [Google]
1475770013621.jpg
18KB, 201x250px
How have consumers not caught on to the fact that generic brands taste as good, if not better, than name brands?

You even save money
>>
>>8881497
>he's still talking about "brands".

This is what real food looks like, anon. It doesn't come in a package and doesn't have a brand. And yeah, you do save money. A lot of money.
>>
>>8881503
All those things have brands, they just get taken out of their original packages (and in the case of meats, cut up by the butcher).
>>
>>8881511
I think his point is that real food is not usually sold under a brand name. Most of what is sold under brand names is crap.
>>
>>8881515

are you kidding? most branded foods are way better quality than some shit youd find in a little european town farmers market. theyre so much cleaner and accurately labelled
>>
>>8881534
Keep telling yourself that, kid.
>>
>>8881534
post pic of ur shopping cart
>>
>>8881534
You sound like a 1970's american housewife.
>>
>>8881497
I had those at Philmont. 8.5/10 because the rest of the rations they gave us tasted like shit.
>>
Jelly Belly jelly beans are the best. most other jelly beans are shit.
>>
>>8881497
This is exactly why Trader Joe's/Aldi is a thing though
>>
>>8881497
>Professsional truck driver here. Refrigerated and dry goods....
I pick up name brands and generic label soups at the same factories.

I pick up name brand and generic chips at the same factories.

The only difference in the meat you buy is whether it was frozen or not. It all comes from the same slaughterhouses.

Fruit like apples and oranges sit in a warehouse for up to a year before being sold. The worst time to buy fruit is when it's in season. At that time, they're trying to empty the warehouses of last years crop to make room for this years crop.

Vegetables are usually sprayed down, but not washed. You've been warned.

Pretty much all retail outlets get their food from the same places. Factories dedicated to a single retail outlet is **extremely** rare.

There's nothing special about bottled water.
>>
>>8881497
I'd say this is true 75% of the time. The same, or better, product with less overhead or whatever.
The other 25% though, you can tell they definitely cut corners with the product itself.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.