[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys typically eat for lunch? I need to stop eating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1492478072063.jpg (617KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1492478072063.jpg
617KB, 2000x1000px
What do you guys typically eat for lunch? I need to stop eating fast food, I hate it and I'm just wasting money.
>>
Meat/beans with pasta/rice/potatoes and a side of vegetables
It's not rocket fucking surgery
>>
>>8875749
For me it is
>>
>>8875752
the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich
>>
Lunchables
>>
>>8875755
But the McChicken is fast food, anon. The thing I'm trying to get away from. Spicy McChicken is the only way that shit is edible anyway.
>>
>>8875738
Make extra for dinner, take the leftovers
>>
Typically leftovers from the night before. I make sure to make a little extra of whatever I cook for dinner so I have a small serving the next day.

Occasionally I'll bake some chicken or quickly sautee some shrimp before work to put on a salad and take that.
>>
>>8875738
I make stews on the cheap and then eat them for days.

>Buy cheap staple veg
For me leeks are uber cheap because I live in Wales as well as buying other cheap and flavoursome veg like garlic, carrots, onions etc.
>Buy some chillies or peppers if you want for flavour
>buy cheap meat if you want that
You can even use sausages just fry a few up and then cut them up for use in stew
>buy basic staple carbs
Potatoes, lentils, pasta, cous cups, quinoa, rice etc. Whatever is cheap for you.
Then:
>chop up your veg including peppers if purchased and if potatoes are the carb of choice par boil them and combine with veg and meat later
>fry them in a stew pot or whatever you have on hand
>fry meat if purchased (cut into pieces in advance)
>combine in pot for stewing
>add about 100-150ml of cheap wine or beer if you wish
>add canned tomatoes if you want
>add stock about 800ml if you didn't add a tin of tomatoes about 400ml if not
>add whatever herbs and spices you like for flavour (recommend get a small bay tree as bay leaves are great to add for flavour and one will more than do the trick)
>bring to boil then down to simmer
>leave in pot for 30 minutes or longer (can be hours - leave all day on low heat if you want)
>add carb of choice (unless potato which you should've added with veg and meat)
>Cook for required time to have carbs go soft
>add some sort of beans if you want towards the end

Boom. You have multiple meals covered and you can freeze portions for later even if you want it'll just require reheating, this just work out fairly cheap when you consider how many meals you cover and how cheap veg is, for it being cheaper favour beans over meat but it is possible to get cheap meat.
>>
>>8875738
OP, I almost never eat fast food. I support Mom and Pop restaurants when I can instead. What's preventing you from getting takeout from the diner, and eating real comfort food, and possibly you'll realize you can get two meals out of each takeout, rather than one.

Or dine somewhere in the evenings, get a pizza and save half, or and you could enjoy the 1/2 roast chicken with mashed potatoes and veggie and roll, and by the time you've enjoyed your salad course, you'll have most of the rest leftover for your lunch the next day. Pull off the remaining chicken off the bones, slap on some sandwich bread, add some tomato, lettuce, mayo or turn it into salad. Get expert at doctoring leftovers into something else. Rice leftovers turn into a cold salad so easily with just the introduction of a green onion. You will definitely find some value in town if you stop the fast food thing, whether it be mexican or cuban. Where I live, even a Publix sub is $8, but feeds two days. It's a value.

If you feel like cooking, get some nice microwaveable pyrex lidded containers with a vent for hot foods, and preplan leftovers. Cook up some casseroles like tamale casserole, lasagna, curry and rice, picadillo and rice, pretty much anything you want, and pack up the rest into individual containers. A sunday roast can stretch 3-4 days, or crock pot dinners. Freeze food, and pull it out only if you are ready to have it again. I love baby meatloaves, to slice for sandwiches. One recipe at a time you will figure out some ways to do it. Though, you'll at least reduce your bad food intake, you probably will not actually save much money. I do stuff like bag of spinach for spinach omelette a couple of mornings, tops a sandwich or features in a main salad, or just a sauteed with garlic dinner side.
>>
Actually just forget it. I'm in too much pain most of the time to actually cook, so I'll just make sandwiches and wraps and easy shit.
>>8875788
I do eat at local places a decent bit. The problem is just the price. Most of the places don't serve enough for more than one serving though.
>>
I have to carefully plan my meals because reasons, so I actually have what I'm to eat for lunch over the next week written down already.

Monday: silken lamb kebab with roasted eggplant spread on homemade flatbread. Also salad.

Tuesday: vegemuhtarian mushroom cheese"steak" (no meat, just sliced mushroom) and a salad.

Wednesday: fire-roasted pork chop and butter-braised carrot with caraway and dried onion. Also sauteed bitter broccoli and a salad.

Thursday: sweetpea risotto.

Friday: two of those veggie patties from Golden Krust.

Saturday: black bean, cheese and squash blossom enchiladas and a salad.

Sunday: pasta with spinach sauce and a chicken drumstick. Also salad.
>>
>>8875795
Keep looking. Go where old people eat. They're thrifty.
>>
Also sandwiches are a thing and bread loaves are cheap as are fillings...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.