[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stop adding this shit to your food. no seriously, you don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: salt.jpg (12KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
salt.jpg
12KB, 280x180px
stop adding this shit to your food.

no seriously, you don't need it. don't add extra on your french fries, don't add it in the water when you're making rice or pasta etc etc etc.

stop using salt, period. I challenge anyone on /ck/ to tell me one dish that would be ruined without adding salt.
>>
You need salt to live faggot.
>>
>>8873436

The amount of salt you need to live is extremely low in comparison to what we consume. Like, a few hundred milligrams a day is probably still too much.

Salt is also like sugar in the way you've probably fucked your sensitivity to it by consuming it in massive amounts every day. Stop using so much and your taste will adjust to where you don't need so much.
>>
>>8873456
Why when I can just eat what feels right?

Besides, I wouldn't crave what isnt good for me.
>>
File: BEEF_ON_WECK.jpg (42KB, 569x480px) Image search: [Google]
BEEF_ON_WECK.jpg
42KB, 569x480px
>>8873427
>>
>>8873427
All baked goods.
>>
>>8873427

Sorry you hate flavor faggot
>>
Salt literally helped us colonize the world. Iodized salt helps pastoral communities not get goiters since they don't eat enough seafood to naturally acquire iodine. You are a fucking retard and need to stay off the internet and read a goddamned book.
>>
>>8873427
Sauerkraut.
>>
>>8873427
I agree with you but salt is probably among the last few things even a health conscious individual would remove from his diet

When we're eating processed garbage, saturated fats and straight up cancerogenic foods I don't see why we should focus on salt of all things
>>
File: healthysalt.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
healthysalt.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>>8873427
>he uses generic salt
>>
>name one dish that would be ruined without salt
What a fag. I bet you use msg...
>>
>>8873427
salt amplifies the flavour of practically everything... completely cutting it out would be such a loss for taste *shrug*
>>
File: 1475097573070.jpg (72KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1475097573070.jpg
72KB, 650x650px
>>8873456
>Like, a few hundred milligrams a day is probably still too much.

I love when people try to sound smart but they have no idea what the fuck they're talking about, so they say "like" and "probably."
>>
>>8873427
OP confirmed white, probably from a fly over state.
>>
>>8873473
Fatty logic
>>
>>8873427
As one anon mentioned with sauerkraut any non-canned meat for curing or fermented vegetables, both processes necessary for unrefrigerated preservation, require salt. I'm not going to give up that skill.

Having said that, highly processed mass produced corporate food uses sodium without rhyme or reason. There is no justification for canned goods to have sodium added. The preservation is from the pressurized canning method, not sodium. Please explain that. If you want a boogeyman, look no further.

The homecook adding a dash of salt to his dish prepared with fresh ingredients isn't the issue. That does not cause the problem.
>>
>>8873605
This. Sodium Benzoate is in practically everything that comes in a box or a can. It's easy to cut it out.
>>
File: Accent_1.jpg (336KB, 676x900px) Image search: [Google]
Accent_1.jpg
336KB, 676x900px
>>8873427
For real yo!
I quit using salt and started using this instead. Everything tastes really good with 60% less sodium!
>>
I would rather kill myself than not die because of salt.
>>
>>8873427
>I challenge anyone on /ck/ to tell me one dish that would be ruined without adding salt.

Stir fried veggies.
>>
>>8873436
A lot of ingredients already contain sodium, though....
>>
My mother cooked lowsalt my whole life, and I can tell you salt is nice and improves almost any main dish
>>
>>8873473
Holy fucking shit. I'm 6' 300 lbs, I have morbidly obese parents with worse BMIs than I have.
>I wouldn't crave what isn't good for me.
That is the FATTEST thing I've heard ANYBODY say in my life. I'm writing that one down.
>>
>>8873427

while i agree that we use way too much salt, especially useless salt like to pasta water, or excessive salt like on fries

removing salt is nonsense and a lot of things taste like shit without a little salt to bring out flavors

but there's generally plenty used in the preparation of the food, i cant remember the last time i used a salt shaker
>>
>>8873427
Salt cod.
Salt cod would be ruined without salt.
>>
>>8873427

Liberal Tears.
>>
>>8873721
>useless salt like to pasta water
you're not salting the water right then
>>
>>8873747

salt in pizza sauce then

the average pizza probably has more salt in its tomato sauce than in the sausage or pepperoni, and if you make the sauce with like a quarter the amount that your average can of tomato 'sauce' (unseasoned, except for the salt, im not talking about prego or whatever) or a recipe tells you, it tastes almost exactly the same while not giving you an extra 50% your RDA sodium in each slice
>>
>>8873427
>I challenge anyone on /ck/ to tell me one dish that would be ruined without adding salt.

Salt pork, for one.
>>
File: 1490453920166.gif (4MB, 270x205px) Image search: [Google]
1490453920166.gif
4MB, 270x205px
>>8873473
>I wouldn't crave what isnt good for me.
>>
>>8873861
Lul nice image .

To be clear, I was just memeing
>>
>>8873427
Ez
Salt crusted baked fish
>>
>>8873427
Bacalhao. Saltfish. Boiled pasta. Karko. Fa sjong. Kapsalon. Cake and bread. All ruined without salt.
>>
>>8873565
Truth. Salt opens up flavors. Try drinking broth without salt. It is completely bland and flavorless
>>
>>8873427
Scrambled eggs.
>>
>>8873427
No.
>>
There's literally nothing wrong with salt
>muh blood pressure
It's fine.

This advice applies to 40 year olds.
>>
>>8873427
Goiter pics or gtfo
>>
>>8873427
Found the white boy amerifat. Is salt too spicy for you?
>>
You need salt to live, retard.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.