[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's a upcoming Polish festival in a town near me and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: food at the polish festival.jpg (123KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
food at the polish festival.jpg
123KB, 1000x750px
There's a upcoming Polish festival in a town near me and I'm really excited! Pic related.

When's the last time you had any kind of ethnic festival food? (American stuff like corn dogs, deep-fried butter, etc. doesn't count.)
>>
>>8861864
I don't know, like a solid decade. I don't go out much
>>
>>8861864
I cook it all the time, this is a cooking board, not a "little faggot excited to go out " board
>>
>>8862144
Excuse me, but the name of the board is FOOD and cooking. That includes food that you didn't cook yourself. Idiot.
>>
I had some corndogs and deep fried butter the other day at the fat loud american festival in texas
>>
>>8861864
Make sure to eat some bigos if you care about authenticity. Sadly, pierożki or gołąbki are not Polish dishes.
>>
>>8864425
eh, Pole here - they are Polish enough. They are not exclusive to the country but common enough to be considered a national dish.

OP: If you find Bigos to your liking, you can get to a higher level: try Kaszanka and Flaczki. :]
>>
Perogi fest in Indiana just last year.
Hoosiers are dumb to begin with, but Hoosier Poles must be medically retarded.
>>
>>8864425
>Sadly, pierożki or gołąbki are not Polish dishes.
of course they fucking are, especially gołąbki. they're not 100% exclusive to Poland, but so what? few dishes are truly exclusive to one country, especially when it comes to Europe
>>
>>8861864
That plate looks good OP.

There's a Greek festival on one of the weekends in May here, I'm planning on going for at least one day.
>>
>>8861864
I live in an area called the "polish triangle" and polish food is the most bland variety of food out there. meat, potato, cheese, dough, cabbage, and no seasoning. I'll fry up some pierogies once a month or so but I'm not going to a polish restaurant anytime soon
>>
>>8864851
polish food generally sin't very spicy, but if it's well-made it definitely shouldn't be bland. savory pierogies can have quite a bit of black pepper, especially ruskie, and they may have other herbs as well
borscht in my family has always traditionally been really sour and very peppery, and I know that's how many poles like it
kotlet schabowy is total blandness though, probably our worst dish. it really should have died along with communism.
>>
>>8864851
i'm sorry your area has shitty restaurants
>>
>>8864425
they arent exclusive to poland, yes. but they are considered to be polish just as much as they are russian or ukrainian
>t. polak
>>
File: 20170211_143009.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170211_143009.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
>>8864959
You utter pleb. A good schabowy is best made with a high grade cut of pork, seasoned well and paneed in homemade breadcrumbs, before frying in a flavourful lard. It showcases a good meat, tenderisation, lard, and technique.
Try making one yourself with the best pork chops or tenderloin you can buy.
>>
>>8864851
you live in the polish triangle in boston?

dude go to the delis and get the cured meats, especially the blood sausage (it's not like most blood sausage, it's much larger and they slice it for you like classic cold cuts and it's like distinct bits of meat suspended in fat). i forget what it's called. also get the makowiec, best dessert ever. made of flaky dough and poppy seed paste, not too sweet, slightly bitter aftertaste that just makes you want to keep eating more

GO GET MAKOWIEC

i wish i lived near polish people these days
>>
File: pączek.jpg (169KB, 776x600px) Image search: [Google]
pączek.jpg
169KB, 776x600px
>>8865338
the schabowy is literally just a bastardisation of the schnitzel steming from shit meat quality
>>8865339
the sausage you're describing is probably a kaszanka or kiszka
makowiec is a good cake indeed, but it's just a variation on the poppy seed roll really
pączki are easily the most iconic polish pastry, I definitely prefer them to american-style donuts, although maybe I've just never had a good one
>>
>>8861864
I live in a town with a largely polish population. So, half of that is church friday food for me. Still can't wait until september, when the 58 churches all get together and blare polka so loud it can be heard for miles.
>>
File: salceson[1].jpg (202KB, 811x540px) Image search: [Google]
salceson[1].jpg
202KB, 811x540px
>>8865598
well i remember it was labeled blood sausage at the shop but it was unlike any other blood sausage i ever had. it was almost like an aspic, a clearish fatty substance within which distinct chunks of meat were suspended. shaped in a very large cylinder with a skin like a sausage and and sliced thin to order.

actually after describing it like that i decided to look up "aspic sausage" and found a lot of pictures that were very similar to what i had and the wikipedia article for 'head cheese,' which lists Salceson as the Polish version and that fits the bill perfectly. there, i now know the name of that thing i like and will have to hunt some down. tell me what you know of this food.

makowiec is the best though, i grew up eating it cause there was a polish bakery near where my mom worked and she would bring them home all the time. i really love the poppy seed flavor and how it's not too sweet. i can eat it pretty much endlessly.
>>
>>8865598
and what i usually got what quite dark, which i suppose was the salceson czarny. would explain why they called it blood sausage
>>
File: 3ubO7JC.jpg (719KB, 2500x2064px) Image search: [Google]
3ubO7JC.jpg
719KB, 2500x2064px
>>
>>8865937
>>8865947
ah yes, kaszanka is quite different: no aspic, stuffed with buckwheat etc.
>>8867096
that's interesting, I like potato pancakes but I've never had them with anything inside. I might try this.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.