[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a pork chop thread? I just bought my first grill and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Can we get a pork chop thread? I just bought my first grill and am planning am making some tonight? Any tips on how to make a great porkchop? They are pretty thick, bone in.
>>
>>8861780
135 degrees F internal temperature.
>>
File: 1480251272235.jpg (151KB, 542x764px) Image search: [Google]
1480251272235.jpg
151KB, 542x764px
>>8861780
Is the girl bone in?
The trick is to not cook for too long, they easily get tough. Definitely recommend cast iron for dat sear, maybe finish in oven
>>
>>8861780
I don't know specifically about grilling, but salting/brining first and not overcooking are two keys to good pork chops.
>>
>>8861782
And what will that give me? Medium? And should I cook it low and slow? My parents have always made them well done desu. Any recommendations on spices or can they be good with just salt and pepper
>>
>>8861791
Yes they are bone in.. maybe one and a half-two inches thick. Can't I get dat sear on the grill? I kind of wanted to use it for the first time. I wanted to maybe cook on high heat in grill for the seat then lower the grill for the rest of the cooking. Would this work or would the grill just burn the outside eventually
>>8861792
You've never grilled a porkchop? is there a reason why? Maybe I'll just pan sear like anon above said and save the grill for another day
>>
File: 1480386304682.jpg (112KB, 400x738px) Image search: [Google]
1480386304682.jpg
112KB, 400x738px
>>8861818
>yes they are bone in
I asked if the GIRL was bone in, you already said the chops were.
And grill is great, sorry, I overlooked that, can't give much advice on it, though
>>
>>8861780
Most important things with tender cuts of pork are brining and not overcooking. A good 3-5%, well-flavored brine for a few hours to overnight will make the pork juicier and season it throughout.

However, not overcooking is even more important. Contrary to what most of us got told by our parents, pork is best cooked medium or so, and there's very little danger of foodborne illness if you're buying decent quality pork from a first world country. Sear it off in a cast iron skillet or on the grill, then finish it in a low oven or on indirect heat on the grill, going to about 135-140F internal temp. Then give it a good rest.
>>
>>8861780
pound flat with meat hammer
season with salt and pepper
three minutes on each side over medium-high heat in a pan
use whatever oil you like - my favorite is bacon grease
>>
>>8861780
Thick cut is best cut
>>
>>8861780
If they're thick and bone in, you're good. However, I'd still do a dry rub a few hours before you plan to cook them.
>>
>thicc cut
sear in da rear!
>>
>>8863518
>indirect heat
This right here. The best technique for virtually all cuts of meat. If you're using charcoal (you should be) start them up in either a chimney starter or pyramid, when they ash over pretty uniformly move them all to 1/2 side of the grill, sear the meat, the move it over to the side without coals, cover and arrange the lid so that the vents are over the meat, set the vents so they're about ~1/2 -1/3 open. If your using gas you can do the same thing, just keep ~1/3 of the burners on high.
>>
>>8861818
>is there a reason why?
I don't have a grill.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.