[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time posting to /ck/ got bought some chuck steak and thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

First time posting to /ck/ got bought some chuck steak and thought I'd cook it in my new slow cooker, looking for any tips or recipes.
>>
plug the slow cooker into the wall
>>
Well what do you want to eat with it m8
>>
>>8860730
An excellent start, cheers didn't think of that
>>
>>8860744
Thinking most likely potatoes/carrots maybe some broccoli.

Mostly came here to see what people would recommend.
>>
>>8860725
The key is to sear the meat before adding to the slow cooker and deglaze the pan with wine or stock. Use that as the liquid. After that add whatever vegetables herbs and spices you like. A traditional american style would be onions, garlic, carrots, celery, parsnip, tomatoes or tomato juice, potatoes, mushrooms, thyme and bay leaf.
>>
>>8860813
Sounds pretty dam good, might give that a crack
>>
Strain out your vegetables near the end of the cooking time. They will be flavorless and mushy. Add new veg.
>>
>>8860813
>>The key is to sear the meat before adding to the slow cooker and deglaze the pan with wine or stock. Use that as the liquid.

This, exactly. This is key.
>>
>>8860820
Or blend all of it up, then run it thru a strainer. My family loves my "gravy" and demands pot roast at all occasions. Veal stock helps.
>>
>>8861825
This is a great idea because it acts as a thickener for the gravy without needing to add any other starches. The vegetables still have some flavor left too, so you get a really multi-dimensional gravy in terms of flavor.
>>
>>8860813
When deglazing do you scrape everything off the pan as well or just run the liquid over it
>>
>>8861943
Scrape with a wooden spoon or whatever.
My favorite :
Start by cooking a bit of pork belly, then reserve and brown the beef in the rendered fat. Deglaze with beer (brown, stout, whatever dark). Add a little tomato paste, a shot of vinegar, large chunks of onions and potatoes (maybe carrots if you have some), add the cubed meat, bay leaf, some paprika and chili / cayenne / anything.
Cook for 35 years and eat with fresh homemade buttered bread.

Damn I'm hungry now.
>>
Milk Steak
>>
>>8861943
Yeah, like he said >>8861986 scrape with a wooden spoon. You should watch a video of Prudhomme sometime. That fatfuck cooking from a wheelchair rubbed in scraping the brown bits so much I have nightmares about it.
>>
>>8860725
rare
>>
>>8860813
Precisely. It's this step that most people who use slow cookers neglect.
>>
>>8861986
>cook for 35 years
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.