[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tomorrow I'm about to cook the following: Some shrimp Red

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Seafood-5.png (451KB, 820x419px) Image search: [Google]
Seafood-5.png
451KB, 820x419px
Tomorrow I'm about to cook the following:
Some shrimp
Red lobster (Lidl)
Oysters
all these with spaghetti

The shrimp, how do I cook them. Put some to boil in salted water for that day's meal? (Or should I boil all of them and then refrigerate part of them after they cooled off from boiling?)

The red lobster, it's preboiled. What do?

Never tried oysters in my life. ???
>>
File: lidl_lobster.jpg (38KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
lidl_lobster.jpg
38KB, 450x300px
>>8857458
This is the lobster I'm talking about
>>
>>8857458
Assuming they're head on, par boil the shrimp and then grill them.
>>
>>8857458
>The shrimp, how do I cook them
What kind of shrimp do you have? Are they whole or just tails? How big are they? That will determine the best method for cooking them. Assuming you have the standard (flavorless) pre-peeled tails only, then I'd suggest sauteeing them with butter, garlic, herbs, and white wine before adding to your pasta.

>boil all of them
Boiling is generally a bad way to cook this stuff unless the whole point is to make a highly seasoned seafood boil. Boiling in water removes flavor from the ingredients.

>>The red lobster, it's preboiled. What do?
Throw it away and get a live one. If you must eat it then just add it to your pasta right at the end of cooking. It's already cooked so just let the pasta and sauce warm up the lobster meat.
>>
>>8857458
>shrimp
roast them in a pan, don't cook them in water
>>
>>8857465

Why par-boil them first? What's the purpose? Shrimp--even really huge ones--cook very fast on the grill so I don't see what's to be gained by the parboiling step, and there are few things worse than an overcooked rubbery shrimp.
>>
>>8857477
They have head, they are ''transparent''. I guess medium size, there were some bigger shrimp but I chose these.

That's what I was planning to do, put butter in frying pan then garlic then shrimp then wine.

But don't I have to boil them till they become white/orange?

Afraid there are no live lobsters here, this will have to do.
>>
File: Birds.jpg (21KB, 405x650px) Image search: [Google]
Birds.jpg
21KB, 405x650px
>>8857503
A flash boil, or par boil, will brighten them bringing out the color. You don't lose any flavor with 30 seconds in a rolling boil.

Basically it will look sexier, and pop more assuming you care about plating and presentation.
>>
>>8857509
>That's what I was planning to do, put butter in frying pan then garlic then shrimp then wine.

Perfect.

>>But don't I have to boil them till they become white/orange?
Nope. They will cook just fine in the pan. The color change is brought about by heat. It works the same if that heat comes from boiling water, a hot pan, a grill, an oven, etc.
>>
>>8857514

OK, if you're talking about that short of a boil then I agree you won't lose any flavor. But I disagree they will look any different. They come out nice and vibrant on the grill alone.
>>
>>8857503
>par boil
Doesn't this kill some bacteria?
>>
>>8857531

Sure. But they'd be just as dead when you put the shrimp on the grill.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.