/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is cheese so fucking expensive? Some fucking dried milk blocks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Why is cheese so fucking expensive? Some fucking dried milk blocks cost as much as a cut of prime ribeye.
>>
The international fromage mafia
>>
>>8847539
>Why is cheese so fucking expensive? Some fucking dried milk blocks cost as much as a cut of prime ribeye.

think juuuust a little about what you just said.
>>
>>8847539
I'm guessing storage space. You need to let those bad boys mature for many months, and storage space costs a lot
>>
perhaps a better question is, why do people get so overly excited about a hunk of cooked salted beef? some kind of weird pleb baggage from the pre-industrial times when meat was a huge celebration and a sign of wealth? get over it.

a great cheese is a work of art. cutting up a cow and letting the primals air dry for a couple of weeks is really not that interesting.
>>
Bumping to save only cheese thread. Post favourite cheeses with pictures if you can, I love reading about it.

I ike smoked applewood and red leister, any recommendations based of that?
>>
>>8847559
>Bumping to save only cheese thread.
>thread was posted 4 minutes ago
Are you from /b/?
>>
>>8847557
It's genetic, like it or not for most of human history meat meant fighting to death with beasts several times our size
Plus meat is the super food of all superfoods
>>
>>8847574
>for most of human history meat meant fighting to death with beasts several times our size
Flintstones is not real.
>>
>>8847574
science is not a feeling you had when you were pigging out at outback, fatty

please never post the word "genetic" again
>>
File: 3809-004-50E1BB9B.jpg (33KB, 335x250px) Image search: [Google]
3809-004-50E1BB9B.jpg
33KB, 335x250px
>>8847539

Some cheeses have far more to their production than others. Pic related. Your average Kraft "cheddar" block can be easily cranked out in factories, but there are all kinds of cheeses (usually with centuries of history) that require very specific ingredients, aging and flavoring techniques, have legal protections on their place of origin, etc. There's a LOT that goes into their manufacture, the end product is incredibly delicious, and for that, you logically pay a premium.
>>
>>8847539
>Why is cheese so fucking expensive?
Same reason why beef jerky is expensive. You lose a fuckload of water during the manufacturing process so you must start with a very large amount of milk (or meat, in the case of jerky).
>>
>preserving milk
Do 3rd worlders still need to do this?
>>
>>8847596

Everyone needs to do it. Cheese is fucking delicious.
>>
>>8847539
Cheese has a lot of byproduct when you make it (useable byproduct but it's not cheese). Try making it sometime and you'll see how much whey is leftover. Another added cost is the aging process. Some cheeses take months (or years) before they develop into what you get at the store.
>>
Quality cheese requires a lot of attention and takes a wile to produce.
>>
>>8847539
are you okay with the prime rib being that expensive?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.