[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why arent these guys utilized more in mainstream cooking? I feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: orang_eating.jpg (59KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
orang_eating.jpg
59KB, 1000x667px
Why arent these guys utilized more in mainstream cooking? I feel like we are missing out.
>>
>>8846754
prob tastes fucked up desu
>>
We'r al ll literrrallee orane oTangs whom well stemmms ellloells an d typorighters got gud..

I tink der i go zaaa &&a mm wut II is

To be, or not to be. That is the questipoijafsdnfdasdfajsdkfjlkjfdsajlkfjds
>>
>>8846754
Too similar to humans, that's why people freak out when they hear about some remote Asian villages eating monkey

The meat we are really missing out is from reptiles, from what I've experienced they have a delicious unique taste that is best described as in-between bird meat and fish meat
>>
>>8846754
Thats how hiv jumped from apes to human. Nogs eating half cooked chimpanzees that is
>>
Bushmeat is where aids comes from you dumb dumb.
>>
>>8846754
Short answer is they're endangered and like many primates, cannot be raised quickly or easily. Long answer is long and involves creepiness of primates eating other primates when they do not need to to survive.
>>
>>8846841
Social taboos often have a biological basis.
>>
>>8846754
They are. Every time you consume a product that contains palm oil they are dying
>>
>>8846754
Because Mexicans are better at it than black people
>>
>>8846841
Wasn't that how ebola started too?
>>
>>8846841

This is actually untrue and a simple google search would tell you so
>>
Economics. Orangutans grow quite slowly. It takes 8 years before a female orangutan reaches sexual maturity. Their diet of fruit would also be quite expensive compared to other farm animals.
That and I don't even know if they can be efficiently bred in dense farms. In the wild, orangutans are usually solitary, roaming large areas of forest on their own. They only meet for mating.

Also what others said: They probably don't taste very good and would likely be a vector for human diseases.
>>
>>8846754
They are to close to humans. Many bacterias and viral infections can adapt and you can get sick from their infections.
Also: found the low iq african oogah boogah
>>
>>8846832
That sounds disgusting. Fish is already and iffy meat. Combine that with bird. Fuck that.
>>
Here in Ibadan we eat monkey all the time. Good meat, get it at markets, good price, tasty.

No problem.
>>
>>8847430
Whats it taste like?
>>
>>8847430
Thanks to subhumans like you there is Aids.
>>
>>8847344
Doesnt that thing look delicious tho?
I wanna stuff it between sliced bread
>>
>>8847229
Yes, but not from monkeys, from bats.
>>
>>8846754

Despite appearances they're actually terrible chefs. Plus keeping their hair out of the food is a near impossibility
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.