[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some complicated foods that normies shouldn't even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1200.jpg (108KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
108KB, 1200x675px
What are some complicated foods that normies shouldn't even attempt to make?
>>
File: beef-wellington-01_4.jpg (203KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
beef-wellington-01_4.jpg
203KB, 1000x1000px
beef wellington. To get it perfect you need to know what the fuck you're doing. A lot of things can go wrong.

1) need a GOOD filet, any kind of tendons or shit in there will ruin it.
2) Sear it fast and well enough so it's rare inside, since it will cook on the inside
3) need to rest the meat and chill it so it doesn't bleed into the puff pastry
4) the mushroom duxelles have to be reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally dry, can take 10-15 minutes so it can soak up some of the steak juice and not have any water left in them so it can soak the puff pastry and fuck it up
5) Have the puff pastry around everything to create a perfectly even ring of mushrooms around it, and folding it nicely so when it cooks it doesn't puff up in the wrong place
6) cooking it for the correct amount of time so pastry is cooked, and steak not over
7) letting it rest in a way the juices don't run into the bottom of the pastry so it becomes soggy there.

It's a bitch to get juuuuuuuuuust right.
>>
>>8836244
I've always heard that Wellington is supposedly difficult to make yet the very first time I tried it it came out perfect. I followed Ramsay's recipe from his youtube video using proscuitto instead of the traditional crepe. Though I must admit that I used store-bought puff pastry rather than making my own.

1) Of course. You're making a fancy dish so why would you cheap out on the meat anyway?
2) Yes, that's standard practice for searing meat anyway.
3) Basic following directions.
4) Also basic following directions.
5) See # 3 and #4.
6) Easily done with a remote-read thermometer stuck into the beef.
7) I can see how that would be tricky. I had just recently learned about putting fried food on a rack rather than on a flat surface to prevent it from going soggy, so I guessed the same thing would work on the wellington even though Ramsay didn't discuss that. Luckily it did.

I've got a good one for you, OP:
Fermented sausages, like Salami.
>>
ice cream soup. too difficult for normies to even comprehend
>>
potato salad
>>
>>8836137
You posted it. Normies should never attempt to make honey.
>>
The McChicken. The balanced, delicate flavors...the cool, crunchy lettuce...the delicious bun...the tangy mayonnaise...the perfectly breaded and cooked chicken patty. It's something normies shouldn't attempt, which is why it's up to McDonald's to get it so right. With a refreshing, icy Coca-Cola and hot, crispy, salted fries, it's a flavor that can't be beat in taste or value.
>>
>>8836471

What? The only real trick is cooking the potatoes properly, basic knife-work for onions or whatever else you put in, and knowing how to adjust the taste to your personal preference as it mellows in flavor/becomes less salty when you let it rest overnight.

1. Use the right kind of potato - red are best
2. Start potatoes in cool water and bring to a simmer, so that they cook evenly
3. Take potatoes out when slightly underdone, since they will continue cooking anyway. When they cool to about room temperature, chill. Optionally, stir it a bit to beat up the edges a little.
4. Chop some veggies: I like finely chopped celery, dill pickles, red onion, and dill weed
5. Make the dressing: Mix together a bunch of mayo and some yellow mustard until you get it to the right color (personal preference); add in some pickle juice and/or vinegar to suit personal taste; add a pinch of kala namak if you aren't also adding egg; salt to taste; adjust really anything in the dressing to taste; I like to mix my veggies into the dressing at this point
6. Mix everything once the potatoes are at least a little cool to the touch
7. Let it sit overnight and adjust salt or whatever after, since the flavors mellow as they sit
>>
tendies motherfucker
>>
>>8836536
NO!NO! No Mayo.
See, this is the reason people always say "My Granny makes the best potato salad".
It's because you make a real sauce, and not use some shitty mayo.

But thank you for reminding me that i should cook with my Grandmother sometime again.
>>
why is /ck/ at least 70% shitposting at any given time. literally worse than fucking /pol/
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.