[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I will be going soon to Slovenia and Croatia. What typical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (291KB, 561x293px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
291KB, 561x293px
I will be going soon to Slovenia and Croatia.

What typical dishes MUST I eat?
>>
>>8835369
Horse meat at Hot Horse in Ljubljana
>>
>>8835369
The sauteed rats, BBQ pigeons and plates of steamed cockroaches.
>>
Börek
Çevapı
Serbian burgers.
Dolma
>>
>>8835384
Go choke on a McBurger fatty.
>>
>>8835387
sounds Turkish...
>>
>>8835501
Well I have Turkish keyboard set on my laptop, so I used turkish characters in place of Balkan ones, but yes, Borek is turkish, Cevapi is Persian word I think. Dolma is Turkish.
>>
You must eat some sarma.
Also ask a bakery for slanci. It's bread with salty cheese on top of it.
>>
What about the Czech Republic eurobros?
>>
>>8835369
I've scrolled past this thread several times and only just now realized that thumbnail wasn't of a pile of shit and this thread wasn't attempting to poke fun at Slovenian/Croatian food.
>>
>>8835369
Slovenian here, wrote up a short list:
kranjska klobasa
krvavica
ajdovi žganci
jota
mineštra
ričet

kranjska klobasa is best when eaten with sauerkraut or repa
strudl, krof or gibanica are best desserts (and in Bled, kremšnita).

also
>>8835387
this is not Slovenian food in any way, shape or form.
You will find encounter most of it here though, courtesy of countless yugoslav diaspora fast food joints, while burek is pretty popular amongst youth and can be bought in most bakeries as well.
>>
>>8835543
the two dishes I remember best from there is smazeny syr and knedliky
>>
>>8835554
thanks for your input!! we are going to Bled for a day and two days to Ljubljana, any specific places you would recommend? We are already planning to go to Druga Violina.
>>
>>8835369
I've had one of my favourite meals ever in a restaurant in dubrovnik, it was gnocchi with truffles
can't remember the name or location of the place but it was in some back alley, safe from the onslaught of tourists
>>
>>8835564
Well, the real kremšnita is courtesy of Kavarna Park, that's across from Hotel Park, it's a small place, Bled, so that's easy to find.

In Ljubljana, there's a lot of places to check out, the oldest traditional Slovenian food place is Šestica, that's on Slovenska cesta right next to city centre, there are other places on Vodnikov trg (Vodnik Square) that I know of at least, but in general Ljubljana's pretty packed with restaurants of all sorts.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.