[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i just changed the filter in my brita jug, but this time i pushed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

i just changed the filter in my brita jug, but this time i pushed the new filter down harder than normal until it sort of clicked into place. then when i ran some water through, a load of murky brown shit came out. this has never happened before.

so have i been drinking unfiltered water all these months?
>>
>>8826874

The filter is supposed to click into place.

The murky stuff is normal when you install a new filter, it's just a little dust from the carbon cartridge. You'll always get a little from a new filter.
>>
>>8826887
yeah that's what i thought.

i'm not bothered that i've been drinking unfiltered water, i'm bothered that i've wasted about 20 fucking filters.
>>
>>8826897
You deserve it, dummy.
>>
Damn dude you've wasted a lot of money because you didn't just glance at the instructions
>>
>>8826874
Get a Zerowater. Brita doesn't filter fluoride
>>
>>8827667
>muh fluoride
enjoy your dentures cleetus
>>
File: 3G_Slim_Line_Group.gif (56KB, 306x400px) Image search: [Google]
3G_Slim_Line_Group.gif
56KB, 306x400px
>>8827667
>Brita doesn't filter fluoride

Any activated carbon filter, such as a brita, will remove flouride.

Both the brita and the zerowater are foolish though. They have expensive proprietary cartridges. Pic related costs less and the cartridges last MUCH longer. Not to mention you can get new cartridges from any home/hardware/plumbing store. You aren't stuck buying expensive-ass brand name ones.
>>
>>8827692
You picked a weird board to post your fleshlight collection
>>
>>8827692
Except Brita literally does not remove fluoride. Look it up.
>>8827674
I always find it funny how vigourously people defend the government putting deadly chemicals in the water.
>>
>>8827692
Do they make one that is water pitcher shaped? I have a Brita pitcher and would love to get cheaper alternative for it
>>
there is nothing wrong with fluoride
>>
>>8827692
Wrong.
>>
>>8827674
Flouride belongs in toothpaste not in drinking water you fucking spook
>>
File: undersink-filter11.jpg (87KB, 472x346px) Image search: [Google]
undersink-filter11.jpg
87KB, 472x346px
>>8830245

No, this is something that you install under your sink. It filters all the water that comes out of your faucet.
>>
File: 106-water-or-fluoride1.jpg (183KB, 461x470px) Image search: [Google]
106-water-or-fluoride1.jpg
183KB, 461x470px
enjoy the benefits of a fluoridated body op
>>
>>8831176
how do Brita filters handle dihydrogen monoxide and hydroxyl acid
>>
literally nothing wrong with drinking nyc tap water
>>
>>8827674
Fluoride in water helps small children.

Once you reach adulthood, it is totally unnecessary at best and potentially harmful at worst.

Chlorine is arguably worse, though, especially in places with older water systems where they just dump a shitton in to make up for all the cracks in the pipes. Chicago, I'm looking at you.
>>
>>8831794
I was really surprised that this is true, but when I visited some friends there they said try it and it does taste great. Apparently, they aquaduct it in from a resevoir up state.
>>
>>8827674
I'm not a chemtrail loon, but fluoride in water only helps kids.
>>
>>8831948
It's good for city water, which isn't saying much.

Rural water is shit too, if it's piped in, I'm talking wells. Mine is 300 feet deep and right next to a drinking water resoivor. Shits on any city water by an order of magnitude.
>>
>>8832062
I have my own well too, but my well guy said it was 225 feet deep. Best water I've ever drank. Brews great beer, too. I love it when I empty the tank by watering the garden and it's ice cold coming directly from the well instead of the holding tank.
>>
Do they put fluoride in the drinkingwater of the whole US?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.