[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a college student who just got a lot of kitchenware.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1477491298763.gif (2MB, 297x330px) Image search: [Google]
1477491298763.gif
2MB, 297x330px
I'm a college student who just got a lot of kitchenware. I'm about to go shopping for some basic groceries and would like to know some good starting foods to cook.

So far I'm going to buy a 3lb bag of chicken breasts, rice, beans, ground beef, pasta and assorted vegetables. Any suggestions? Those frozen green giant bags of vegetables aren't that bad, is buying them raw and cooking them yourself worth it if you just want a quick meal?
>>
File: 24297654416_fc33cbb61d_b.jpg (321KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
24297654416_fc33cbb61d_b.jpg
321KB, 1024x683px
>>8826057
mirepoix, garlic, butter. So many things start with this as a base it's unbelievable. Get used to cooking it.
>>
>>8826065
Shit, I should have posted some basics I already have.

Butter
Salt
Pepper
Garlic salt
Onion powder
Lemon pepper seasoning
Paprika
Cayenne
Cumin
>>
>>8826071
Pick up some basil, thyme, bayleaf.
/ck/ might hate me for it but I mostly use pre-mixed spices.
Cajun seasoning
chinese 5 spice
adobo
>>
>>8826095
Well, I'm just now starting out so I don't care if they hate me for using pre-mixed spices as long as I eventually graduate to harder stuff.

Any meat, grains or produce you suggest picking up? I plan to at least try to cook something tomorrow.
>>
File: reconsider.png (118KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
reconsider.png
118KB, 300x300px
>>8826095

>dried basil
>>
>>8826119
It's definitely not great but can be fine thrown in soups and such.

>>8826116
If you're just starting out I wouldn't focus so much on having a well stocked pantry. Just find some recipes you want to try making and go from there.
>>
>>8826125
I'm not trying to stock a pantry really, just get a few things so I can eat during the week.

I was thinking of buying some pork chops and bagging them up so I can freeze them and individually cook them with some ramen and an egg since that seems easy enough.

Also thinking about making some meatballs and pasta and also thinking about teriyaki chicken or some kind of baked chicken.
>>
>>8826136
Ok lad the internet is your friend with this, remember. Here are some tips in no particular order:

>If you're lazy, get paper plates/bowls
>If you cook more than once or maybe twice a day at the beginning you might burn out so make sure you have some ready stuff (bread, cheese, deli meat, olives, ramen, w/e)
>Making shit in advance is your best friend (boil like 10 fucking eggs, they last forever. Don't overcook though)
>Also any kind of pot meal like chili, stews etc. can be lunch for almost a week
>Use more salt since you're probably not using enough
>Do the dishes every fucking night
>Olive oil, use it
>Frozen veggies in bulk are fine
>REMEMBER to make more than you need, so you'll have stuff to work with the next day. Rice and chicken tonight? Omelette rice for breakfast next morning, pulled bbq chicken for lunch. Etc. Make it easy on yourself
>Don't be afraid of picking up bone-in chicken breast, thigh, liver, or whatever else
>You can even freeze meatballs if you do make pasta and meatballs lol

Some starter shit:

>Any egg dish for breakfast (omelette, hard-boiled, fried) with any meat, cheese
>Oatmeal and the like, with yogurt, fruit, nuts, etc
>Lighter contintental style with croissants, jam, butter, etc

>Sandwiches or antipasto type stuff (assorted cheese, bread, meat)
>Wraps, leftover meat is your friend (pulled chicken, pork)
>Chili, any stew
>Other ready-made stuff if you made breakfast and don't feel like cooking 3x/day

>Meat and sides (chicken w/ rice and beans, pork w/ ramen and egg like you said, pasta with meatballs, butter/lemon fish)
>Don't forget the salad or vegetables
>>
i'm so fucking depressed that i don't get to be with her why is life so torturous
>>
>>8828602
Because you have absolutely nothing to offer a woman of her caliber. Either settle for a 4/10 or become a wizard.
>>
>>8826057
STOCK CUBES! beef, chicken and vegetable.
>>
>>8828602
Dude, just relax and go out. Actually communicate with a splittail. Find your level of attractiveness for the female by gauging her reactions to your maneuvers. There is a female waiting for you somewhere. She may be homely or fat, but if that's what you end up with (unless you're ugly and rich of course, like our emperor) then you know you're probably ugly and fat too. No matter. It really isn't difficult. You just have to be able to accept occasional rejection to achieve the oyster.
>>
File: 1491543027018.png (183KB, 281x339px) Image search: [Google]
1491543027018.png
183KB, 281x339px
>>8826057

Who dat?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.