[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on game nitds. Why choose chicken and turkey to eat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: turkey-dreams.jpg (96KB, 620x414px) Image search: [Google]
turkey-dreams.jpg
96KB, 620x414px
Redpill me on game nitds.

Why choose chicken and turkey to eat commonly instead of, say, peafowl and pheasant? Aren't they all basically the same thing?
And why galliformes specifically? Why not raptors or parrots? What if hawks were chosen to be domesticated and eaten instead of chickens, would chickens be viewed culturally as beautiful and courageous birds, with hawks being viewed as goofy sources of food? Would a KFH menu be good? Would the McHawk be the best fast food sandwich?
>>
>>8823161
Predators don't taste good
>>
>>8823185
Bwars and dogs do. Also, they could've chosen cockatiels or cassowaries if that was the case.
>>
>>8823161
predators don't make sense as a food source since in order for them to grow to maturity you'd need to feed them meat
chickens would never be viewed as majestic beacuse humans have an innate sense of aesthetics. chickens are neither graceful no powerful
>>
>>8823161
>why choose chicken and turkey
They're domesticated, thus way easier to get and more numerous. Also lighter meat and mild flavor- not everyone likes the stronger flavors of game.

>why not raptors
Pure carnivores rarely taste good. Plus imagine having to hunt birds that spend most of their days at (comparatively) really high altitude, circling on thermals- especially before modern firearms. It's just impractical unless you happen on one that's landed, and you can't reliably do that. As an added bonus, raptors are higher on the food chain and thus less numerous.

>parrots
Not 100% sure on this one, i don't know a lot about the behavior of parrots in the wild. Hard to get maybe?
>>
File: 1469428996782.jpg (31KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1469428996782.jpg
31KB, 601x508px
>fall for the game meme
>buy a pheasant to see what it's like
>costs 2-3 times as much as chicken
>expect it to be dry, so brine it overnight and cook it until it's just barely done to get it as tender as possible
>it's still drier and tougher than an overcooked chicken breast
>have to dig around for shots in the meat
>tastes different, but not really better
>never buy pheasant again
>>
>>8823161
Galliformes are

- easily bred to flightlessness or near flightlessness
- can be adapted to live off a wide variety of diets and environments
- make a lot of fucking eggs
- Egg binding is low risk in such big species. Egg binding is high risk in smaller parrot species like cockatiels.

Also, we do breed gamebirds. We do breed squab. Pigeons were domesticated earlier than the chicken.
>>
>it's still drier and tougher than an overcooked chicken breast

So what you're saying is that even though you tried not to overcook it, you overcooked it anyway?

I'll bet your dumb ass didn't even bard it.....

Good ingredients are wasted on people who can't cook.
>>
File: 1464027221083.gif (439KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1464027221083.gif
439KB, 640x360px
>>8823161
I hunt grouse and it's fucking delicious.
Kind of like a bit drier but tastier chicken.

The usual trick with game is to marinate it and add lots of fat when cooking it or making a stew.

>>8823258
>buying game meat
Pic related.
>>
>>8823267
No, you retard, I cooked it to exactly 65 C which I verified with a Thermapen. Some meat is just tough.

And barding is literally whatever is the 200-year-old equivalent of reddit.
>>
>>8823379
>barding is bad because reddit
Opinion discarded.

It's one of the best ways to cook game you fucking mouthbreather.
>>
>>8823379
>an ages old technique is mentioned on reddit
>therefore, it's a worthless hipster meme

Faggot
>>
>>8823161
Chickens and Turkeys are just domesticated, so they're easier to breed and handle than their wild relatives.

Since hawks and other raptors are carnivorous, you need to raise another animal just to feed the hawk. Why not cut out the extra step and just eat the animal you would have otherwise fed to the hawk?

Now parrots, I'm not sure about. I think it may have to do with sexual maturity. Parrots take a few years to reach sexual maturity, while chickens only take a couple months, meaning it's much easier to quickly breed chickens for food than parrots.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.