[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me love vegetables, /ck/ My family has always been utter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: vegetables.jpg (455KB, 1725x1113px) Image search: [Google]
vegetables.jpg
455KB, 1725x1113px
Help me love vegetables, /ck/

My family has always been utter shit at both nutrition and cooking. Even after moving out that habit stuck with me. I want to correct that.
>>
Don't overcook them. No mush. Try sautéeing them. Steaming them. But some seasonings.

I love steamed broccoli, sautéed mushrooms and onions, baked zucchini/squash, etc. Love me some Brussels sprouts with a little char on 'em.

What are some meals you like or ways you like your meat cooked? We can work out good veggie pairings. Proud of you for trying to incorporate veggies into your diet in a delicious way.
>>
>>8822543
Shoo big veggie lobbyist
>>
>>8822543
Much appreciated. I recently visited some friends in Spain and mutiple times we ate some amazing mixes of grilled/oiled vegetables on bread and that convinced me I was doing everything wrong.

Normally I eat a lot of fish (salmon, tuna, monkfish) oven grilled and poultry (chicken, turkey) cooked sous vide. Not so much beef or pork.
>>
I recommend adding some sugar
>>
>>8822558
In southern Spain they usually do grilled peppers/tomatoes, grilled or deepfried eggplant, and grilled asparagus. All of these are really easy to make, just slice them into roughly finger-length and width pieces, then fry them over medium heat in enough olive oil to coat the pan, stir frequently until the texture is no longer crunchy, season with salt and pepper and eat! There are lots of videos on YouTube if my explanation is confusing, but just go to the store and buy whatever veggies look good!
>>
>>8822523
A lot of vegetbles taste much better if you roast them in a nostick pan instead of cooking. Also learn how to spice and herb. For bloody beginners try fresh thyme, rosemary and oregano. Also look up indian spices. They have some decent ones. Lime is also a good option in many dishes.
>>
>>8822523
Buy and eat in season, fresh vegetables and as another anon said don't overcook them. If you want vegetables out of season, except for the salad type, buy frozen, not fresh or canned.
>>
>>8822523
Good mindset.
Look up some recipes. Start with some salads and other easy things and you will get the grip of it.
>>
>>8822523
brussel sprouts in butter sauce
home-made kale chips
>>
>>8822523
Gotta keep experimenting to determine how you like your veggies, and keep in mind that different plants will work better for you with different techniques.

I love carrots stewed down into basically a sweet paste, but tomatoes I prefer raw, for example.
>>
Google "oven roasted vegetables". Easy to do, very versatile. They go well with almost every meal.
>>
If there's a veggie that's especially high in nutrients/good for you and you can't find a recipe that makes you like it, mince it fine and throw it in spaghetti sauce. I did that with zucchini and bell peppers and the amount of spices and tomato paste easily cover up the strong flavors.
>>
Other people have said this, but roasting veggies in the oven is a great way to learn to love them. You can try sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini/squash, brussels sprouts, peppers, etc. Roasting the veggies gives them a great texture, and you can add whatever spices you prefer.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.