[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seeing as it's asparagus season where I live, how does /ck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Seeing as it's asparagus season where I live, how does /ck like its asparagus?
>>
In the trash.
>>
>>8818895
i like to grill it with salt, pepper, garlic and a drizzle of olive oil
>>
>>8818895
Boiled and eaten with ham and eggs with a bearnaise sauce. The day after a glorious asparagus soup.
>>
>>8818895
Soup
grilled with sauce hollandaise
grilled with butterd breadcrumbs
>>
Steamed, cooled, then lime/oil'd
>>
fresh green ones are a great salad
you can eat them raw if the quality is right
>>
White, cooked, then put into wrap with hummus, smoked salmon, and optional lettuce.

I once did this because I had these ingredients at home and didn't feel like going to the supermarket. So I figured I'd give it a try and I like it.
>>
>>8818895
Pan fried with butter to add a nice note, then a lemon squeezed over. Asparagus with hollandaise is also nice.
>>
Most of the flavors in asparagus are water soluble, so big pot blanching is usually frowned on. I like to roast, grill, but if i want to parboil it, use a little water as possible.
>>
>>8819002
use the cooking water as base for a soup

you can also use the left over peels to intensify the flavour
pro tip: remove the peels and toss them after the cooking
>>
>>8818895
Multiple ways. I grill it, roast it and saute it depending on my mood and the rest of the dish. If I was cooking it for myself...I'd probably say grilling is my favorite option. When cooking for others I usually saute with a bit of broth and seasoning.

Asparagus is great because it has such a prominent flavor that you really only need to hit it with salt and pepper; so I cook it simple as it doesn't need to be over complicated.

I will also point out that anyone who boils asparagus or uses canned asparagus should be dragged out into the street and shot.
>>
>>8819057
>canned asparagus

Pickled asparagus is great though, especially with a brine containing tarragon. When we have extra I generally do that.
>>
I put it in a long Tupperware container, add salt, black pepper and olive oil then put the lid on and shake it all around till nicely coated.

Add a small knob of butter to a frying pan, add the aspergers and cook for a few minutes. Done.
>>
>>8819093
Never tried it. I love things pickled though so I'll give it a shot if I can find some.
>>
>>8818903
This. Simply the best.
>>
>>8818895
Test
>>
>>8818895
>chargrilled with salt and pepper
>roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper
>pan fried with olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice
>sauteed until a little browned, then add peach preserves, adobo chipotles and a spot of chicken broth, reduce to make sweet/spicy sauce
>grilled with hollandaise
>chopped up in a stir fry

There is almost nothing you can do to asparagus that will make me dislike it. Growing up I only ever had canned asparagus and still loved it. Imagine my surprise trying fresh for the first time.
>>
with semen
>>
File: IMG_5576.jpg (88KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5576.jpg
88KB, 640x640px
>>8819002
I was thinking about making some roasted asparagus with a balsamic reduction drizzled over top for the first. Got any tips?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.