[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is dry aged steak any better, or is it just a meme to seperate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: download (2).jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
11KB, 259x194px
Is dry aged steak any better, or is it just a meme to seperate pretentious people from their money?
>>
I'm not a big fan, but it's definitely a different flavor. TBQH my favorite steak is skirt, and as far as I know that's not something they dry age. I've only had dry aged tenderloins, NY strip, and so on
>>
>>8817280
>as far as I know that's not something they dry age
It's not. Dry aging only works with large primals because the rind must be discarded after aging. Which is why you rarely see aged tenderloin.
>>
>>8817270
>>8817280
I don't like the flavor either, it's a nutty moldy taste I just can't get used to
>>
>>8817285
I like Bleu cheese though and that's pretty nutty/moldy.

Are they similar (as similar as beef and cheese can be of course)?
>>
>>8817283
>>8817285
I should add that dry aged hamburger meat (I assume from sirloin) makes a pretty amazing hamburger. But as steak it just isn't to my taste.
>>
>>8817270
It can be very good, and you can do it at home cheaply if you have the patience.

>>8817280
You could age the meat a short time if you're careful, about a week tops. It won't get the flavors you aim for in longer dry aging sessions, but you'll lose some water weight which can give your steak a beefier flavor.

I like my skirt steak cooked right on the coals.
>>
>>8817270
>ITT: Anons explaining the dry cure process without any idea of what's involved.

Do you guys just do this to see if you can trap someone?
>>
>>8817474
Are you new to /ck/? It's not a good board. Filled with ads. Kinda dead too.
>>
>>8817474
>Not convincing people to waste an expensive cut of meat by letting it rot in their fridge.
>>
>>8817540
>Filled with ads.
For me it's a nice pure glass of water.
>>
>>8817295
the tastes are similar

it's different than bleu tho, kind of hard to describe...similar tastes, but it feels different on a steak, you know?
>>
>>8817270

Why hello, valued citizen! You've come to the right place.

While tastes may very, its important to know what your opitons are in the great world of beef. Beef indeed can be dry aged for various periods of time, and the process has the effect of condensing the beef flavor that many enjoy. Others prefer beef fresh, and of course there are numerous ways to enjoy beef, and certainly no wrong way to enjoy beef.

You might enjoy beef dry aged or fresh, rare or medium. But whatever the case, be assured that beef enjoys some of the highest product safety standards in the world. Moreover, beef assures the topsoil is consistently turned by cattle grazing, which in turn keeps grasses growing and prevents ground shifting from rain and floods, which in turn prevents mudslides that could block and pollute waterways. Plus, aside from being nutritious, tastey and good for the environment, American cattle enjoy professional veterinary care from birth through life, and the industry has produced the most humane methods for delivering this high demand, natural and vital product to the market.

I enjoy beef and you can too, whether its succulent cuts of tender prime rib, a hearty steak smothered in onions and mushrooms bursting with flavor or just a juicy, meaty burger. Know your meal will nutritious, tastey and good for the world, every time you select your choice of beef at the supermarket serving you.

Have a great night, OP, and remember to find a way to enjoy that beef!
>>
>>8817270
It's different, I wouldn't say it's for sure better. I definitely like it better. It has a deeper, more complex flavor, and it's more tender. But the flavor change isn't to everyone's taste for sure.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.