[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make hashbrowns like Waffle House? I can shred the potatoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1218.jpg (58KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1218.jpg
58KB, 550x413px
How do I make hashbrowns like Waffle House? I can shred the potatoes to the right consistency with a cheese grater, I cook them in clarified butter on a griddle, but they always turn out soggy and not as crispy as WH. What am I missing?
>>
>>8817061
Compression. Use a steak weight or a waffle iron to make them exactly how you prepped them. Also, before the butter, do a solid 20 minute water soak...then pat dry with a paper towel.
>>
>>8817061

Squeeze the moisture out of then before putting them down.

Inside a paper towel, wrong them like a sponge.

Alternatively, put them in the microwave for a minute before the griddle.

Or do both.
>>
>>8817172

*wring them like a sponge.
>>
>>8817172
>Inside a paper towel, wrong them like a sponge.
you need a kitchen towel to really get the moisure out
>>
>>8817072
Hmm, I have a sandwich press that should work great for that, thanks.
>>8817172
>>8817201
Interesting technique, I'll give it a shot.
>>
stick them in the microwave for a few minutes before frying. use high heat
>>
>>8817061
high heat. about 2-3 table spoons of shortening

You are looking for about 475 f

t. former waffle house employee
>>
>>8818287
The American solution
>>
>>8818304
Can euros not afford magnetrons?
Do the mudslimes steal them for the copper or something?
>>
Well you need to go in around 2:30 3 am and get the tears of the only waitress and the sweet and ass hairs of the only cook on the grill then take it home and throw it away and shred your potatoes and soak in salt water for a few minutes then put some butter favored oil in a pan then put your potatoes in then add seasonings then shape and press it down into the shape you want add more oil then cover for 3 minutes then toss and cover for another 3 minutes then remove the lid and cook to the color you want.
>>
>>8818472
2 to 3 AM Wafflehouses aren't nearly that depressing. They're oases of bustle and humanity.
>>
Would anyone else watch a waffle house livestream?
>>
File: 1484283335574.png (581KB, 799x336px) Image search: [Google]
1484283335574.png
581KB, 799x336px
>>8818303

how many teeth do you have?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.