[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why doesn't McDonald's use tomatoes? not of the burgers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: images (1).jpg (7KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7KB, 201x251px
why doesn't McDonald's use tomatoes? not of the burgers have tomato. I can understand the Mac not having but the quarter pounder should
>>
>raw tomato on a sandwich

Truly the worst thing to ever become common place.
>>
>>8816183
Sourcing tomatoes year-round and getting them shipped to stores is a quality control nightmare.
>>
Wendy's and BK do it.. five gals too
>>
>>8816223
you're an idiot
>>
because tomatoes are a bad burger topping. Terrible texture for a burger. No good burger comes with a tomato (not that McDonalds is good)
>>
McFeast has tomatoes
>>
>>8816223
fpbp
>>
>>8816229
Except some of the premium chicken sandwiches have em.
>>
File: DSCF0716.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0716.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
I just went to McDonalds and I hadn't been there in a while. Why is it so expensive? I just got a large milkshake and a medium fries.
>>
>>8818223
>Not getting 2 med fries for $3
>If promo is not present, not just going for large fries
>Not requesting a fresh batch
What a pleb.
>>
ausfag here, used to work at maccas

we always had tomatoes on the line
From memory
>mcfeast
>aioli and spicy wrap
>grand angus

all had tomatoes, and usually a promotional item/s
>BLT quater pounder
>generic australia day promotion with beetroot too
etc.

And now we have the gourmet range (formerly CYT) theres some of them too
>>
File: mos-burger.jpg (36KB, 495x450px) Image search: [Google]
mos-burger.jpg
36KB, 495x450px
>>8816183
You should eat at Mos BURGER OP.

Japs know the importance of a big juicy tomato on your 'ger.
>>
pretty sure they stopped with tomatoes because thats the one ingredient most likely to give people food poisoning if handled incorrectly from the farm to kitchen
>>
>>8816223
You obviously have the taste buds of a child. No, wait, as a child, I enjoyed tomato slices, so that's not entirely true. More like you have the taste buds of an infant with Down syndrome.
>>
>>8818628
It's not the taste, it's the soggy, slimy texture inherent to sliced tomatoes.
>>
>>8818576
>beetroot
Do Australians really eat this?
>>
i never noticed this til now
>>
>>8818659
Yes, pickled beets in a can are delicious and go perfectly with most burgers and sandwiches. Try it before you judge.
>>
>>8818682
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>8818684
People outside of Australia don't put beetroot on burgers or sandwiches.
>>
>>8818707
wait are canned beetroots seriously only an australian thing?

I get like roasting fresh ones, and doing shit like that, but seriously no cans?
>>
>>8818710
Yep. If you search Beetroot slices on Amazon.com the only real result is golden circle sold and shipped by an Aussie supplier.
>>
>>8818719
holy fuck
>>
>>8818774
Something that really shocked me though was the other day I was in Aldi and I picked up a can of sliced Beetroot, it was made in the USA.

Ingredients went like this: Beetroot, water, high fructose corn syrup, etc

I put that thing straight back on the shelf. Fuck me.
>>
>>8818775
revolting
>>
>>8818597
Nope, on my yearly visit to McD's last week I ordered a quarter pounder from one of those kiosk. Didn't bother to change anything on it and was pleasantly surprised to find a tomato.
>>
>>8816183
>What is a Big Tasty

Also wraps use them.

T. Former Britbong Maccies manager
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.