[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a man of intense precision. What would be the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: charles.png (886KB, 792x1014px) Image search: [Google]
charles.png
886KB, 792x1014px
I'm a man of intense precision.

What would be the best way to tell the exact temperature of my pan outside of pure instinct and vague "techniques" ?

Also i'm not interested in sous-vide.
>>
>>8815782
A thermometer.
>>
>>8815782
fuck off
>>
Infrared thermometer. But you're just being a shit head aren't you?
>>
File: smug ass mofo.jpg (56KB, 901x1008px) Image search: [Google]
smug ass mofo.jpg
56KB, 901x1008px
>>8815784
What kind of thermometer, infrared ?

>>8815785
>>
>>8815792
They look like a small toy gun. You point it at the surface and pull the trigger and it shoots a beam to the surface and gives you a digital readout. I use one for my pizza oven. You can get a decent one for @15 USD.
>>
Toss a bit of water in it. With practice, you'll be able to tell how hot the pan is by how the water reacts.
Or buy an infrared thermometer.
>>
>>8815782
IR or laser thermometer.
>>
>>8815826
>Recipe calls for internal temp of 160°
>Measure external to 160°
Hay guise why is my cookin shit
>>
>>8817651
Then use a regular fucking thermometer and stab your meat like some kind of pervert, Mr Bates.
>>
>>8815782
Use the back of your hand.
>>
>>8817651
>best way to tell the temperature of the pan
>the pan

i'd tell you to learn to read but idk what good that would do considering how you'd misinterpret this and go fuck a hole in the ground.
>>
>>8815782
How are you affording steaks when you can't even afford health insurance you stupid faggot Sam?
>>
>>8815782
Thermocouple.
(the thing that probe thermometers are pretending to be.)
>>
>>8816547
IR is only good for relative heat, not actual/exact heat.
IR thermometers are designed to tell you if something is hot and ballpark it, not give you a credible temperature reading.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.