[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

I just ate about 50g of mustard and for some reason it tasted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Botulism1and2[1].jpg (158KB, 935x705px) Image search: [Google]
Botulism1and2[1].jpg
158KB, 935x705px
I just ate about 50g of mustard and for some reason it tasted really bitter, then I remembered I had opened that jar and left it sitting in my room for months (I mean the lid was closed but it had been opened so the seal was broken).

How likely am I to get botulism from this? Should I make myself throw up just in case?
>>
>>8815189
What are the ingredients in the prepared mustard?
What is Ph?
Why is prepared mustard shelf stable?
Vinegar.
>>
>>8815189

Well here are the symptoms from a reliable source, best of luck mustard cuck

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Botulism/Pages/Introduction.aspx
>>
>>8815195
>Water, White Mustard Seeds, Spirit Vinegar, Black Mustard Seeds, Sugar, Salt, Flavours, Turmeric Extract

My eyelids are starting to feel tired, that's freaking me out a bit. Hope it's just my imagination
>>
It's probably fine with all the preservatives. Even if it did make you sick, it probably wouldn't be botulism
>>
Dunno, I never store my mustard in the fridge and it hasn't gone bad once
>>
>>8815189
mustard has tons of vinegar, you should be fine
>>
>>8815238
No it doesn't.
>>
Mustard lasts about a month unrefrigerated. I doubt you're going to get fucking BOTULISM. Maybe the shits.
>>
Botulism?? Seriously OP? Chill the fuck out.
>>
>>8815189
you should head to the ER IMMEDIATELY.
Doctors love to see little whiny bitches with no real problems wasting their time
>>
isn't prepared mustard the only food other than honey that's chemically incapable of spoiling?
>>
http://www.doesitgobad.com/does-mustard-go-bad/
>>
>>8815189
It's far too acidic to develop botulism, nignog. I wish you fuckers who see botulism hiding everywhere would do a little research on the shit. I see people thinking they can get botulism from homebrewed beer or wine, pickles, and vinegar based salad dressings for christsakes.

It must come from these stupid overprotective baby boomer mothers who saw death for their precious little snowflake lurking everywhere and passed those fears on. No wonder these last couple generations have produced a large crop of feminized males.
>>
doesn't botulism require anaerobic conditions? also you'd be fucked by the time you typed this anyway
>>
File: 1411668465827.jpg (27KB, 500x413px)
1411668465827.jpg
27KB, 500x413px
>>8815189
>eating 50 grams of mustard without anything else
I mean i love mustard, but 50g of the stuff??
>>
botulinum toxin grows in anaerobic environments

since you broke the seal it's not an anaerobic environment so you don't have botulism
>>
>>8815189
You probably won't get botulism. You might get some other foodborne illness. But you'll probably just end up with shits that burn like no other.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.