[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck do Indian, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, et al., restaurants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (129KB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
129KB, 2304x1296px
Why the fuck do Indian, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, et al., restaurants hold back on "spicy" dishes? Especially if you order food to go, when there's no chance that you can 'send a dish back'?? Why do they just assume that white people can't handle spicy food?

Are there any tips or tricks to getting blisteringly hot dishes, when you know the restaurant is capable of it?
>>
>>8812595
Ask for extra spicy. Literally that easy.
>>
I've asked for dishes "spicy" hand "hotter than usual" multiple times and it's exactly the same.

This has to be a thing
>>
>>8812595
>Why do they just assume that white people can't handle spicy food?

Because empirically their average customer isn't used to the same level of spice that is standard in their home country. They cater to the lowest common denominator--aka the largest possible customer base.

>>tips or tricks
Sure, just talk to the waiter or the person who takes your order. Explain that you're used to eating hot food and you want something that is really honestly hot. I've never had a problem doing that at Thai, Indian, Chinese places.
>>
Because that's the standard. They'd rather people eat something that isn't hot enough than eat something that's too hot and start complaining / not come back. "American spicy" is a meme for a reason.
>Are there any tips or tricks to getting blisteringly hot dishes
Ask.
>>
>>8812602
This guy doesn't get it. Prolly thought you were real fucking funny posting that huh?
>>
>>8812602
>Ask for extra spicy. Literally that easy.
>>8812609
>Ask.

I've done this numerous times, but they just assume that I'm showboating or something, and they end up giving me 5 or 6/10 spicy.
>>
>>8812618
Then you're being a douche when you do it.
>>
Indian restaurants are about the only places that don't dial back on the heat here. 'Suicide' wings in my city are literally Franks tier.
>>
>>8812627

This. Don't make some big show about it. Be polite. Explain what you want calmly and rationally.
>>
>>8812637
That's how I go about it. I don't make a big deal about it, ever.
>>
i work in a nicer than usual mexican place and we do mild medium or hot. i actually make hot shit hot. if people want extra hot they have to ask for it and i'll put some raw habanero in their food. we have a house made habanero sauce which is pretty spicy too
>>
I enjoy carolina reapers.

My mom finds table salt and pepper way too spicy when she adds them to soups.

t. White guy
>>
>>8812595
>Why do they just assume that white people can't handle spicy food

Because generally white people can't handle spicy food. They can't discern your special spicy eating tactics just by looking at your fedora.
>>
>>8812666
Just lie and tell them you've been to X country and that's the level of spicy you want. Easy as that.
>>
>>8812595

Because you can't
>>
>>8812595
Try an Indian British restaurant, they wear gas masks when cooks things like a Phall.
>>
>>8812750
this guy is right OP, you weren't designed to eat spicy food like they weren't designed to drink milk. It's okay, our differences make us beautiful :3
>>
>>8813227
>designed to
But chiles were only introduced to the old world a few hundred years ago, as opposed to thousands of years of milk drinking. Capsaicin resistance is less of a genetic factor and more of an exposure based resistance.
>>
>>8813227
who cares who intelligently designed me, I want my mouth to burn and my eyes to tear up
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.