[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boy got his hands on one of these sandwich toasters like in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 71aoxQGalzL._SL1500_.jpg (221KB, 1500x1158px) Image search: [Google]
71aoxQGalzL._SL1500_.jpg
221KB, 1500x1158px
My boy got his hands on one of these sandwich toasters like in the pic. Is it better than pan fried or grilled? Any tips for making good toasties with this?
>>
What's with that suspicious looking tomato loitering in the background?
>>
>>8808563
the basil leaves are weird too
maybe they're waiting to be added on the tost, but shouldn't you just put them inside?
>>
>>8808546

It's functionally no different from pan-fried or cooked on a griddle. I had one when I was going to University and we weren't allowed to have an actual "hotplate" or burner in our dorm room, but things like this and the George Foreman were allowed. They're fine for what they are, but if you have access to a normal stove and a frying pan I don't know why you would want one.
>>
>>8808569
That's fucking weird since these are a bigger firerisk than a hotplate
>>
>>8808569
I guess the advantage then is we can have our sandwiches cooked at the same time.
>>
>>8808569
And it's a bitch to clean compared to a pan
>>
>>8808580
Wait really? Is it electrical fault or something else I should watch out for?
>>
>>8808587
if you leave a pan for a few hours you'll most likely just have a fucked up pan. a toasting device can melt itself and maybe start an electric fire
>>
>>8808580
Yeah, I agree the rules were silly but I didn't make them. I just did what I could to cook within the rules.

Halogen lamps were banned partway through my sophomore year after some dumb bitch set her dorm on fire trying to dry her clothes on one.

>>8808603
Either risk is terribly small as all electric heating appliances have a thermal safety switch inside that's redundant to the thermostat. If the temperature gets too high it will shut off the electricity.

In my case the rule was that we couldn't have anything with an exposed heating element, like pic related. However, we could have something like OP, a rice cooker, popcorn machine, etc, where the heating element was enclosed inside something.

Ironically, hair dryers were allowed even though they are far more dangerous than any of the cooking appliances we discuss.
>>
>>8808617
>>8808603
Aite so just standard don't leave shit unattended with flammable stuff nearby safety.

thx anons, you've been good helps.
>>
File: 8283327.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
8283327.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>8808617
forgot my pic like an idiot
>>
>>8808546

A sandwich in a pan has no limit on its thickness when toasting it. It's length is also less of a factor than in a toaster like yours.

These things are like an mold, they only fit so much inside and then they squish everything.

The non-stick coating on those also goes away and you're left using oil since it burns butter because there is no fine control in the heat.
>>
>>8808582

Get bigger pan.

Toast the breadbwhile you cook the eggs next to it.

I gave up and got a small griddle. It's great.
>>
>>8808546
Hear me out:
Cheddar cheese + bacon fried in teriyaki sauce.
>>
all these posts and not a single piece of advice. cheese and preserved meats is always good. other additions: anchovies, capers, thinly sliced onion, horseradish, mayo, butter and dried tomatoes. my current favourite is sharp cheese (say cheddar), anchovies, dried tomatoes and a bit of onion
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.