[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does a 12oz (355ml) can of soda need 40 grams of sugar? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Pepsi-Can-icon.png (79KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Pepsi-Can-icon.png
79KB, 512x512px
Why does a 12oz (355ml) can of soda need 40 grams of sugar?
I sweaten my huge 24oz mug of French pressed coffee with one heaping spoon of sugar, which is around 6grams of sugar.

Why the fuck does soda need so much sugar? How bad does the concoction taste without sugar?

Is HFC less dense in sweetness than regular sugar?

And why does diet soda taste so fucking bad?
>>
Dark colas are a lot of bitter fucking essential oils bit back with sugar.
>>
>And why does diet soda taste so fucking bad?

because it doesn't have 40g of sugar
>>
>>8807123
Dropping soda, and adjusting to not drinking all that sugar in a day, you realize just how fucking sweet it really is. I quit drinking it, and at this point I'm not even huge on sweets and desserts more than a small treat in the evenings, and can't put more than a single teaspoon of sugar in a cup of coffee or tea. Can't even smell an open can of soda anymore - shit's like acid.
>>
>MUH SUGAR
Fuck off retard
>>
>>8807123
Dissolved CO2 becomes carbonic acid, and they add phosphoric acid to the drink. It would taste like a sour piece of shit without 40g of sugar.
>>
>>8807131
>>8807162

Is there a way to remove the sugar, and see how it taste without it.
>>
>>8807123
because without sugar it's just coloured water. The secret for all the low tier pop drink is the high amount of sugar they have.
>>
>not watering down your fizzy drinks like cordial
>>
>>8807248
Have some Campari
>>
>>8807321
No thanks, I'll stick with Malort
>>
>>8807123
>drinking kid's drinks

Uh-huh... Do you spend time wondering why cereal has cartoons on the boxes too?
>>
Cold food and drink requires more sugar to reach the same level of sweetness as hot food and drink. That's why things like warm soda and room temp ice cream soup tastes disgustingly sweet and coffee that has gone cold tastes bitter.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.