[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am going to make curry using a premade roux. I was wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Curry Roux.jpg (98KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Curry Roux.jpg
98KB, 640x480px
I am going to make curry using a premade roux. I was wondering how to make it more spicy. I don't feel like I can trust all these normalfags.
>>
Just dump some Sriracha in, my man.
>>
I add sambal oelek to my curry.
>>
>>8805844
This, I love a dash of the 'cha in my 'ry.
>>
Add thai chili peppers or cayenne pepper or something.

Make sure you don't add too much water or it'll be thin.
>>
My neighbor gave me a box of that once. I had to use the whole box to get any flavour
>>
File: 1352836746359.jpg (188KB, 1600x1114px) Image search: [Google]
1352836746359.jpg
188KB, 1600x1114px
>>8805830
Why not get extra hot my man?
>>
>>8805891

You're supposed to use the whole box you fucking moron.
>>
>>8805897
>>8805830

I made this today. Got like 5 meals out of it. The 5/5 isn't even that hot. Just add some sambal/cha/peppers and make it a bit hotter.

I make it using potatoes, carrots, onions (which is the base of any japanese style curry) then add mushrooms and bellpeper. I also add chickenbreast.

If you want you can drop some eggs into it add start stirring right away to get a bit fuller of a flavor. It's a big favorite with my friends.
>>
File: b81+NSYxYJBL._SL1500_.jpg (127KB, 403x1500px) Image search: [Google]
b81+NSYxYJBL._SL1500_.jpg
127KB, 403x1500px
>>8805830
I use that shit. My curry always ends up so thick I can stick a spoon in it and it stands straight up.
but the reliable way to make something spicy is to buy one of those ridiculous hot sauces. I use this on almost everything I eat
>>
I grew up eating block curry. my homestay mom also used blocks but different brands obviously, she actually used a blend of 3 different kinds. I think one was an osakan curry brand. She would also add ketchup, honey and Worcestershire sauce. It was much better than whatever I made using golden curry back home. (although I want to say that's golden curry's fault)

Recently I made a japanese style curry from scratch, basically a roux + S*B curry powder and garam masala + meat and vegetables cooked in beef broth. That came out close to the japanese restaurant curry. A lot of it is dependent on having good rice to eat it with as well.
>>
>>8805830

I've got some dried ghost pepper flakes from Trader Joe's which are pretty muted in terms of flavor but will add a ton of heat to any dish.

It's also a weapon though since if you take the cap off and sniff the most minute particles will get in your nose and eyes which is lovely
>>
>>8805983
tell me you keep a fistful in your pocket for self defense
>>
Um, try adding Japanese chili powder?
>>
>>8805992
This is a terrible idea. I utilize all of my pockets, and also have a bad habit of putting my hands in my pockets at rest. Have to sneeze, piss, pick your nose, scratch your balls, or rub your eyes, and you're in for an interesting day.
>>
You guys are giving me so many suggestions for when I go out again to buy groceries. Thanks a ton guys.
>>8805897
They only had hot.
>>8805918
I keep forgetting to add potatoes.
>>8805947
>three different blocks
I ought to try that.
>>
nips will add garam masala, black pepper, and/or grated garlic.
>>
>>8805830
For non meme suggestions you can just add regular curry spices. (Red cayenne pepper, garlic, cinnamon sticks, whole cloves in a spice container, lime) Chilli oil works too but can give the end product a strange smell, while sambal olek and other similar chilli pastes give a sour taste to the curry which I personally dislike. I guess ginger is another possibility but I've never tried it so I have no comment on that.
>>
Japanese "hot" is weak as fuck.
>>
>>8805897
the extra hot is barely hot at all.
>>
>>8805830
Szechuan pepper paste w/ peanuts. find it in your local Asian store.
Or gochujang if you wanna go for that Korean swing
>>
>>8805897
I got the extra hot, banged a few Thai chilli in. Was pretty decent.
>>
>>8806006
That shit is not spicy at all
>>
add kimchi
>>
Not sure if the US has them but it's all about the Pataks pastes.
>>
>>8805931
Whenever I feel like trolling my roommates, I add a healthy dash of this to the curry. I'm usually the one that does the cooking so I consider it a right.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.