[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to be returning to the hospital, potentially for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: hospital food.jpg (415KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hospital food.jpg
415KB, 2000x1000px
I'm going to be returning to the hospital, potentially for quite a long time. Not too long ago I spent about 2 months in a hospital and the food was not awful but I'll be going to a different hospital this time and potentially for much longer.

Does anyone here have experience with hospital food, like tips and tricks on how to get the best stuff and nicest service?
>>
>>8803821

Be mannerly and charming to the people in control of your food and delivery of. Common sense right there. Unless you're restrained in some fashion by your doctors to consume a limited diet, or amount of calories, then your selfishness might cost someone their job.
>>
>>8803821

Get someone to smuggle in something different for you every now and again...makes for a nice change...even some Mcdonalds would work...
>>
>>8803829

Could be a hindrance or detriment to OPs treatment. Bad and selfish idea.
>>
>>8803828
I'm always very polite to the people who prepare and serve my food, that did seem to make a large difference the last time I was in for an extended stay.

>>8803829
>>8803836
Part of the problem is that I have a very, very poor appetite so usually my doctors are happy to see me eating much of anything at all.
>>
>>8803821
>>8803828
^This right here.

After a few days, you can ask if you can have a family member bring in some flavour - fresh pepper, garlic, cheese, chillies, maybe even a small pantry as long as you can store it neatly... they might get iffy with salt if you're in a room with someone on a restricted diet, but as long as it's not food that's killing you,

When I crushed two of my vertebrae, part of my physio while still in the hospital was dressing up my own meals (another part was dressing myself). After about a week and a half of that (and regular checks to make sure I wasn't tearing anything around my spine), I was sitting up, and twisting around to pepper the fuck out of everyone's meals.

A year later, I'm back to doing 12-14h days 4 days a week, half on the line (full 12 if necessary), and half directing.
>>
>>8803841

Anorexia rehab?

Cancer?
>>
that looks fucking amazing for hospital food, i wouldn't mind it at all
this is what hospital """""food""""" looks like in my shithole of a country
>>
>>8803849
>small chunk of cheese with bread and ham

why even bother?
>>
>>8803849
>deconstructed sandwich ala ham
10/10 would pay $120 a head
>>
>>8803863
it's butter.
>>
File: 1401821382893.gif (226KB, 300x237px)
1401821382893.gif
226KB, 300x237px
>>8803863
It's butter
>>
>>8803821
hope you geht well soon
I'm afraid your only option is to have family members and friends bring over some food
food in hospitals is usually nasty
>>
>>8803821
What are you hospitalized for? If it is post surgery you won't be getting too much carbs (if the hospital has a dietitian that knows what he's doing.)
>>
>>8803876
In the past it was really awesome to have family or friends bring in food. Unfortunately this time I'll be at a specialty hospital about 200 miles away from my friends and family so that won't be happening very often.

>>8803877
I don't want to go into too much detail about my condition because it's off-topic for the board but the only surgeries likely to happen are relatively minor biopsies.
>>
File: ntal.jpg (432KB, 4507x2985px)
ntal.jpg
432KB, 4507x2985px
I'm a little curious, how do hospitals deal with vegetarians?
>>
>>8803902
OP here

The last hospital I was in was happy to accommodate vegetarian, vegan, pescetarian, lactose-free... you name it.
>>
>>8803894
>anonymous board
>not even mentioning procedure name

are you retarded?
>>
>>8803943
>off-topic
>>
>>8803951
It's not off topic you retard. Hospitals have dietitians. TO put up their menu for individual patients.
The menus dietitians make depends on your conditions and procedures.
>>
>>8803978
OP here

I'll be having tests and treatments for cancer. When I spoke with the staff on the phone they said that most of the meals and snacks will be available to me. The suggested I not have my family bring in pizza or burgers every night but otherwise my options are pretty open.
>>
>>8803994
Damn OP, what kind of cancer?
>>
>>8804109
I'd rather not make this into a blog about my illness.

I'm just looking for tips and tricks to make the dining experience as comfortable as possible. During my last stay I found that keeping herbal teas and honey in my room was handy. I'm also pretty fond of spicy, pungent flavors so I brought in a jar of sambal oelek.
>>
>>8803978
>It's not off topic you retard.
>>8803994
>>>8803978
>OP here
>I'll be having tests and treatments for cancer.

Nice going, anon
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.