[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do food establishments dislike you if you only ever get their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: takeout-2710.gif (50KB, 550x300px) Image search: [Google]
takeout-2710.gif
50KB, 550x300px
Do food establishments dislike you if you only ever get their food as pickup/takeout?

I'm a poor college student with a generous father who lets me use his card from time to time to get food nearby, so that I don't have to spend the little money I have on food of all things. I order food for pickup from this restaurant 5-7 minutes away by foot, and each time I go there I feel like they're unhappy to see me or give me false kindness. I see them interact with customers who are spending their time there, eating, and it seems much more upbeat than it does when I come in to get my stuff. One time one of the workers even suggested that I just call them directly, instead of ordering through the local third-party business (Grubhub, foodler, zipit, etc.) but I explained that I use it for the ease of entering card info.

I'm starting to feel like I'm not welcome there because of this. Does anybody else here have any experience with this, as a customer or a worker in food? I'm genuinely curious and don't want to further upset this establishment if what I'm picking up on is real.
>>
Just go somewhere else, what the hell is wrong with you.

And they want you to order direct because the websites you mention take a commission.
>>
>>8800388
Nowhere else is as close as this restaurant though, it's on the corner of my street and it's one of the best in town. I'm lucky enough for them to be close AND take online orders so that I can use a card that isn't technically mine - therefore getting the food for free. Why would I go somewhere else? I don't order food often and when I do it's usually because there's not much left from grocery shopping
>>
File: images.png (4KB, 303x166px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 303x166px
>>
>>8800418
Fuck off trying to ruin my thread. Seriously, what's so baitworthy about this? I'm asking a question
>>
They're not getting tips for waiting on you
They're getting less money because the third party apps take a cut
>>
Just go somewhere else if they're being dicks, or stop wasting daddy's money on takeout when you can cook your own food for 1/3 of the price.
>>
Why the fuck would you give a shit what they think? You're paying them for a service.

It isn't like you're insulting them or making demeaning comments.
>>
>>8800357
>or give me false kindness
How can you tell if it's real or fake?
>>
>>8800357
Ask them if you can use your dads card without going thru a middle-man and if they say no that should shut them up.
All restaurants rely heavily on carry out orders these days so they appreciate your business anyway.
>>
>>8800357
They've told you why they're unhappy. Do this >>8800844
>>
>>8801115
Actually, scratch that. Just use the card with the restaurant without mentioning it's your dad's. Nobody fucking cares. Usually the only time red flags go up is when a card's been reported as stolen. Obviously, if it's a stolen card you can expect to use it like once, but you're a regular. Jesus, you can make a big fucking deal about it and have them call the credit card company, who will then call your dad. Then you'll probably get comped a meal the one time for them fucking with you.
>>
>>8800357
They're pissed off because the third party sites are ripping a margin off you.
They want the business direct.

There's an indian place near me that loves takeaway customers. The owner's super friendly and chats with us while we wait for the food to be cooked. Mostly slandering his competition.
Although he's probably justified; I've never had issues with his food, but other curry places cause issues.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.