[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You are now aware that Red Velvet cake is supposed to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: red velvet.jpg (8KB, 247x204px) Image search: [Google]
red velvet.jpg
8KB, 247x204px
>You are now aware that Red Velvet cake is supposed to be red because of the reaction of non-alkaline cocoa powder with vinegar and buttermilk
>Not because you cheated and dumped a half gallon of red food coloring into the batter
>>
I thought it was red because you add beet juice to it for moisture
>>
I already knew this you pedantic faggot, delete your thread, give your phone to a homeless guy and kill you're are selve
>>
>>8798423
Beet juice is a well-known alternative, but negatively impacts flavor.

>>8798426
Go fuck yourself buddy
>>
>>8798412
>>8798426
I wasn't aware of this, so thank you.
>>
>>8798412
once i added baking powder to some shit with a bunch of turmeric and it turned blood red instead of the usual yellow

fucking chemistry man how does that shit work
>>
>>8798412
implying its not ketchup
>>
>>8798446
I bet you add mustard to your mac and cheese, too.
>>
>>8798412
Never had it, anon.
>>
>>8798476
Empirically, it is a dense chocolate cake with either boiled cream or cream cheese icing.
>>
>>8798468
For me, it's the mac and mustard combo
>>
Most cakes are better with dutched cocoa though, leave the natural stuff for things like ganache or mousse where it can really shine. Can't get a really brilliant red that people expect without coloring either
>>
>>8798498
True, it's more of a brick red when done right. But it also doesn't stain your teeth.
>>
You are now breathing manually
>>
That's a myth. Try it, it goes rusty brown at best
>>
Red velvet cake was just a ploy during the great depression to sell more food coloring since there was no demand for it at the time and the companies needed money.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.