[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is high end alcohol worth the price or is it just a way to part

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: johnnie-walker-blue-label-box.jpg (26KB, 290x300px) Image search: [Google]
johnnie-walker-blue-label-box.jpg
26KB, 290x300px
Is high end alcohol worth the price or is it just a way to part the wealthy from their money?

Obviously bottom shelf alcohol is shit, but surely once you get to like the 50 to 75 dollar range you're probably at the height of quality, right? I mean how good can like a 275 dollar bottle of whiskey be?
>>
>>8798039
>he fell for the expensive liquor meme
>>
stop spamming alcohol you piece of garbage.
>>
>>8798039
Is any luxury item worth the price?
Lamborghinis?
Gold covered pizza?
Functionally and economically nothing that is a luxury item is worth the money
Costco alcohol can get you just as drunk
Expensive shit is there for rich people to circlejerk about a label
>>
If you spend more than $50 on a bottle of whisky, you've been taken for a ride.
>>
>>8798051
I've had $90 whisky that was legitimately the most delicious liquor I'd yet had.
>>
price has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with how big of a pain in the ass it is to get it onto your plate.

expensive liquors just use overpriced barreling methods in tiny batches for absurd lengths of time. they aren't worth it.
>>
>>8798065
Well I've had a $9 bottle of liquor and fucked Bailey Jay
>>
>>8798114
Gross, he's fat and ugly.
>>
>>8798121
Not when I had a piece.
>>
>>8798135
Baily Jay has been ugly for as long as he's had that name.

He was only ever cute in one or two photos of Line Trap.
>>
>>8798039
Blue Label has a huge brand tax, it's a meme. Premium whiskies in general however are worth the cost IMO.
>>
In my experience higher quality liquor tastes smoother, tastes best on its own never mixed, and less shitty hangover. I once pounded half a bottle of corzo tequila silver and felt perfectly fine the next day, with the exception of mild dehydration
>>
wine and whiskey are the only drinks worth paying for premium
>>
>>8798211
Same here. there's a world of difference between Jose Cuervo and a bottle of Don julio 1942, particularly if you're planning to have more than a couple of drinks.

Generally they're smoother, have more nuanced flavors depending on how they've been aged/bottled etc, or try out some more odd/rare ingredients that a normal batch wouldn't have.

Other than that, it's simply a case of how long it took to make really. Though yeah certain liquors like Tequila and Single Malt Scotch, the price difference I feel is worth it, Vodka too if you're mainly planning to sip versus mix too.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.