[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz6 NZPk-4jE What does /ck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: Lodge_Dutch_Oven[1].jpg (151KB, 980x670px) Image search: [Google]
Lodge_Dutch_Oven[1].jpg
151KB, 980x670px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz6NZPk-4jE

What does /ck/ eat while innawoods?
>>
McChicken
>>
>>8788901
if I ever find myself in a forest it's for a very brief stroll. I then go home and eat
>>
>>8788901
>recipe including the word "man style"
haha, no thanks.
>>
>>8788914

What's not progressive about a Mountin' Man Style Breakfast?
>>
>>8788905
fpbp
>>
campfire steak
>>
>>8788905
kek
>>
>>8788920
I don't care about whether it's progressive, just hate the obsession with forcing masculinity onto cooking. it's just cooking, it's not manly or feminine.
>>
>>8788901
how many calories do you guys think is in that?
>>
Wasn't that guy fired from dual survivor for stolen valor?
>>
>>8788943
the potatoes are almost nothing. dunno what stuffing is made of. but probably a lot. Wouldn't trust that cheddar to taste like actual cheddar...
>>
>>8788938
very important opinion.
>>
Skinwalker.
>>
>>8788963
why not? looked like a regular old block of cheddar to me. I mean it's probably not shipped in from france for 50 dollars an ounce but it's fucking cheddar.
>>
>>8788938

The "Mountain Man" thing is more about his lifestyle. The same thing is touted as a "farmer's breakfast" because they both are strenuous and need lots of calories. You just get triggered by the word "man". And since men more often work physical labor jobs, maybe it really should be a "man's breakfast"
>>
>>8788938
>it's just cooking, it's not manly or feminine.
A women would not have come up with the military based kitchen brigade system that all serious cooks use.
>>
>>8788983
It's too hypermasculine and oppressive for him/her/it
>>
>>8788901
respect to dave an all but his cooking videos are not appetizing. his biscuits looked great but aside from that
>>
>>8788974
mild cheddar doesn't taste much like cheddar, just because it is yellow doesn't mean anything. go sharp or go home
>>
>>8788998
You sound more bothered by it than I am. I just think it's a bit cringy to stake your masculinity on what you eat.
>>
File: 1442986512555.png (211KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1442986512555.png
211KB, 327x316px
>implying the NEETs and nu-male cuckolds of /ck/ go innawoods
>>
>>8788963
>the potatoes are almost nothing
This is why you're as fat as you are. Do you really think potatoes are "nothing"? Holy fuck this is a cooking board and you don't even know that potatoes =/= water.
>>
>>8789032
I'm not saying they're literally nothing. I'm saying that potatoes are really not that calorie dense. I have like a kilo of them and the bag rates it to 700 kcal. considering that he only added like 250 grams of potato that can't be a lot, even if it's a more starchy sort.
Also, not fat.
>>
>>8789029

Ultimate masculine diet -

Lecithin
Celery
Pineapples
Ground tiger penis
David Canterbury's "Mountain Man Style Breakfast"
>>
File: 1471136297035.png (728KB, 1165x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1471136297035.png
728KB, 1165x1075px
>>8788905
>>
File: cooking-fish-on-a-campfire.jpg (88KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
cooking-fish-on-a-campfire.jpg
88KB, 400x266px
When I go camping, I do it near clean lakes where I can catch my own fish to eat. I just bring some lemons and herbs to season the meat and some potatoes for a side.
>>
>>8788901

let me just pull out my hiking cheese grater.

this is faggotry tier shit.

first of all, potatos, stuffing, beef, egg, cheese, all just stirred together in a pot, will be disgusting.

second of all, you're never going to have that if you're seriously outdoors. only if you're a faggot pretender.
>>
>>8789038

> I'm saying that potatoes are really not that calorie dense.

Yeah, compared to meat maybe. They're very dense in calories for a vegetable. For reference, 100 grams of cabbage is 25kcal, carrots are 41, and broccoli is 34.
>>
>as you can see from the specific foods and drinks I consume, I am definitely not gay
Ok, thanks for sharing and good luck with your confused sexuality
>>
Outdoor cooking KINO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42Q3cNKoYxI

Only bad thing about this guys channel is the clickbait titles. It's really relaxing to watch though
>>
>>8789111
>hiking cheese grater

Or you can just grate the cheese before you leave and put it in a ziplock bag... you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>8788901
>>8788905

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRL0Wu5ZX1Y
>>
>>8789111

I think David Canterbury has some experience in the outdoors
>>
>>8789215
He had experience in his backyard.
>>
>>8789029
I was making a smart ass comment, the big joke is that mountain man food is not about the man in the same way ploughmans lunch is not about the man.

Call it mountain woman food if it really makes your vagina bleed that much.
>>
>>8789239
his backyard is quite expansive so yes. hes not a wildman living with a knife and some rope, but his advice is quantifiable. again though, his cooking eipsodes were almost meme material. you could see he hasnt made this before when he added those eggs to turn it into a marshy mess
>>
>>8788901
Hot dogs and booze. Maybe some fried fish.
>>
I suppose I cheat when I'm out in the woods. Usually I set up camp with my brother out in the National Forest, bring plenty of potable water and live off Mountain Home meals for two or three days. You only have to boil water to get a decent meal, so it works for me.
>>
>>8790369
>Mountain Home
I meant Mountain House. Spent too much time living near Idaho, I always call it Mountain Home rather than Mountain House.
>>
>>8790369
I think just getting out there and relaxing if you like to is the more important side of things, not really trying to cook extensive meals in the outdoors unless you want to. I don't mind the mountain house meals. I also don't mind just throwing some meat and potatoes and seasoning in foil onto the coals or making some oatmeal or prepackaged knorr noodles. I figure it's more about the time spent out there away from everything you dislike that annoys you and being free to cook naked or yell out loud for no reason when nobody can hear you or spend the day fishing or this that anything.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.