[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna try cooking for myself but im clueless as to the topic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (31KB, 374x416px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
31KB, 374x416px
I wanna try cooking for myself but im clueless as to the topic of it. Any tips and easy recipes? Thank you!
>>
Yes, first step is go back to /co/ and stay there
>>
>>8788786
Ready the sticky, dishwasher.
>>
File: 1477786333362.jpg (42KB, 684x657px) Image search: [Google]
1477786333362.jpg
42KB, 684x657px
>>8788786
That stove looks like it's screaming.
>>
PAN
NICE
AND
HOT
>>
>>8789756
Delishus
>>
Like most people, start with eggs. Watch cooking videos on foods you'd like to eat.
>>
>>8788786
Get decent equipment - a proper, sharp 8'' knife, not some serrated WalMart shit. A large cutting board, plastic or wood, no glass or bamboo. Non-warped pans and pots. If I had to use shit cookware I wouldn't enjoy cooking either. Watch some videos on proper technique - knife skills, how to cut stuff, frying. Laura Vitale on youtube is quite good - short and to the point and she shows some technique. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGr1s5qSNmI
Above all, if you fail. analyze your mistakes and try again
>>
>>8788786
HOT PAN
OLIVE OIL
>>
>>8788786
find basic recipes online for dishes you like, maybe a simple pasta dish or something you know you already like then follow the recipe.
Don't be afraid of failure and try the same recipe a few times changing the flavor with new ingredients that you think might taste nice.

It's all about practice, trial and error to learn how to cook.
>>
>>8789966

In all seriousness cooking on the stove was a big fear of mine when I started cooking. I had no idea how cooking oils worked and I'd panic every time the stuff sputtered a bit. Once I informed myself and got more comfortable with how things worked, cooking became much easier.

There are a lot of things involved in cooking that are intimidating to newcomers
>>
How do I get more flavor into my food?

Cooked some chicken breast in a pan with butter seasoned with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. I know I could add more seasoning but the chicken was on top of a flatbread pizza so I didn't want a fuckload of flavor. That being said, a bit more flavor would've been nice.
>>
>>8790025
Tarragon goes great with chicken, you can also just remove the chicken when it's cooked and make a pan sauce for it with reduced wine and butter
>>
>>8790025
Chicken just doesn't have whole lot of flavour.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.