[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is persian food any good? been wanting to try it but holy fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: o.jpg (89KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
89KB, 1000x735px
Is persian food any good? been wanting to try it but holy fuck its expensive..fucking jews
>>
Compared to what? The persian spot I go to for lunch is like $12. You mean like compared to Subway?
>>
>>8788679
Yes, it's very good, probably one of my favorite cuisines. I'd never had it until I moved to a big city with a large persian population, but damn, it's good food. Very clean, robust flavors, and pretty healthy too.
>>
>>8788679
pic related would be something like 18 dollars. there are no quick grab n go persian places
>>
File: 1411684548520.jpg (86KB, 640x675px) Image search: [Google]
1411684548520.jpg
86KB, 640x675px
>>8788679

Wish I could go to Iran. I went to Israel for 2 days as a Middle-East package so I can't visit Iran anymore.

(In Iran anyone that has an Israeli visa stamp in passport are sent back)

Most people wait until they get a new passport.
>>
>>8788679
I sure love shit logs with a side of shredded cheese.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 630x499px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 630x499px
>>8788795
...Or you could just rip that page out.
>>8788679
The only expensive part about Iranian food is saffron. Use turmeric or annatto in its place. It's mostly for color anyway.
>>
>>8788679
It looks hella good
>>
>>8788808
And yes, it's delicious. It's the one of the oldest civilizations on the planet and a major hub of the spice trade. Ezpz to make for the home cook as well. Except for that one rice dish, that can be a PIA: https://www.splendidtable.org/recipes/tahdig
>>
>pan-persic cuisine restaurants
>'spensive
lolwut?

They're pretty cheap in my area. What's expensive to you?

We've got quite a number of Persian places around here. There's one Tajik restaurant I know of, more Afghani ones than I can keep track of, a Balochi joint and a few straight-up Iranian places. The most expensive of the bunch is the Tajik place which is odd as it is also, paradoxically, the worst of the bunch.

The Balochi place is my favourite. Not only is it cheap, but it's legitimately the best Persian joint around. $12.99USD for the "lamb sultani" platter, which is one silken kebab (risham kebab, same thing as the Iranian kubideh, the minced meat thingy) and one "regular" kebab (kebab barg) with white and yellow fragrant rice, a loaf of bread, two veg sides of your choice and a salad. All that. For $13. That's two meals for anyone of regular weight and appetite, nigga. The Tajik place has a similar "deal," but it's $28, has no bread or salad and the rice has a 1 in 4 chance of being moldy. Fuck that noise.
>>
>>8788795
Apparently there aren't that many actual persian restaurants in iran and much of it is cooked privately for guests and such. At least that's what lonely planet tells me about it, although iran also seems to have some pretty interesting desert, mountain, and "jungle" oddly enough.
>>
>>8788679
Depends on the place. Reza's is awesome (two or three locations in Chicago, and maybe L.A. still has a location, not sure).

We had a little hole in the wall by my university which was inedible.
>>
>>8788808
>just rip that page out
No you moron, damaging your passport renders it invalid. You won't be allowed to board a flight with it. Every airport and airline enforces that.

>>8788795
You should have asked the Israelis not to stamp it; that's apparently an option there, same as Cuba.

You can ask your country for a replacement passport, either by claiming you lost yours or just telling them the truth. Or just wait to renew.
>>
>>8788697
wtf 18 dollars? as a persian i can tell you this is bullshit
saltani is always gonna be the most expensive.
and i just moved to washington and i see 7-8 dollar combo plates
>>
>>8788679
sorry i have some recommendations (Fesenjoon (pomegranate walnut chicken (sweet but not sour) , Ghormesabzi (greens and bean with chunks of beef)
and two eggplant dishes i love
Badamjoon
mirza ghasemi
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.